[API 5][SF3 + DW1.10] Market Plugin

Yusixs

Hello brunyman, can we replace the simple item auction plugin with this market chat plugin instead? It was inspired by the global market plugin on bukkit. I'm 99% sure this works for buying items from a player who is offline too. I don't really want to get into too much details, most of them are in the post itself but honestly, it's a much better plugin than the auction plugin we are currently using

If possible, please do the same on direwolf 1.10 too.

Default player permission nodes:
market.command.base
market.command.createlisting
market.command.listings
market.command.check
market.command.buy
market.command.addstock
market.command.removelisting
market.command.blacklist
market.command.search (not sure if this is the right node)

Staff permission nodes:
market.command.staff.blacklist.add
market.command.staff.blacklist.remove
market.command.staff.removelisting

It needs some time to setup, especially with the redit part. I'm sure everyone on the server would love this implementation. Let me know what you guys think down below

https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/api-5-6-market-a-chat-based-shop-plugin/19025

Because the auction plugin is just bad. It's very user-unfriendly which makes it a pain to sometimes explain it to others. It's lacking a lot of features which a standard auction plugin should have and the plugin hasn't gotten any updates since March, which usually means that it wont get any optimization fix updates and no new features. The couple amounts of RAM that the plugin uses should just be given to the market plugin. Skyfactory 3 has already started experience unstable TPS at times and I dont want a near-useless plugin to still be in the server to use precious resources. 

Sure, auction is auction but do you really want it in the server when the resources it's using could be used for keeping the main world stable? and that the market plugin has been proven to be the superior choice based on popularity. If the auction plugin had enough features to make it worthy against the market plugin then I would've been fine with keeping them both aswell. 

• Yusixs locked this topic

Archived