Tempban

[4] Ban Duration:

3 days

[5] Staff Member:

@Jimmel

[6] ScreenShots:

Check the banlist

[7] Your Reason:

I do not know why I was banned, I did not know that putting items with my spawned in by in public chests was illegal, those items can only be caught by people with creative, not normal users.

Hi, I found these in a chest at spawn on Hiipo Survival, in the portals room. All spawned in by you. I was able to take the items while in survival mode and I don't have any special permissions to bypass protection in that area. Remember we're talking about Hiipo, not Pure. You can't even use creative mode at spawn on Hiipo. Anyone could have walked in and grabbed that stuff, that's why you were banned for releasing spawned items. You had no reason to take that risk, regardless of the circumstances.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

3 hours ago, Jimmel said:

was able to take the items while in survival mode

No, no user can grab the items, I've tried it already, for that reason I did it.

3 hours ago, Jimmel said:

I don't have any special permissions to bypass protection in that area

You must have it, as I said, I've tried it already and that's why I did it. Try with an alt.

You're right. I just had @Zawita test this out with an alt, turns out default players can access the chest but can't take out spawned items, or use any in any way. I guess the reason why I was able to do that is cause I'm also a S+ with access to creative mode.

You're unbanned, I apologize for the inconvenience. It's just that, we don't get to spend a lot of time on Hiipo Survival due to the extremely low player count so we're not as familiar with it as we are with the rest of the servers.

Keep in mind that if the plugin controlling who can use spawned items malfunctioned for whatever reason, this would be a much larger issue. So it's important that you don't let out any spawned items, no matter the circumstances or how safe you think it is to do so.

Have a good rest of your day.

Closed.

• Jimmel locked this topic

Archived