some issue with staff memebers (2 members of staff)

senpaidipper

In-Game Nickname: (One complaining about)

Ohanno_WhiteWolf

DragonBone24

Time and date: 2-jan-2018

Description of what happened: (In chronological order)

I joined the server watching my fellow town mate getting scolded by staff for selling items in a creative Town.

me and my friend had no idea it was a creative town, nor did MMD tell us that it was a creative town.
we got warnings for selling items while in a creative town while trying to explain and the staff where stubborn

not helping us telling us rules are rules, and there is nothing they can do about it.

We have no idea that the town we where in a creative town.

when we asked if we can leave the town. they said they will confiscate all the items we had and make us start from the begning, though all our items where with us from before that.

It is not our fault. it is MMD fault for not disclosing with us that he invited us to a creative town. and no other staff pointed it out to us during our visit in the server.

Screenshots or Proof: (Use www.imgur.com) chat log wont go back

List of eyewitnesses: (They should also make a post below) Always_Ein

MMD should have told you the town was creative when you guys joined, yes. It also sucks that you can't sell items that you got legit in my opinion. The problem is though, you are in a town with a creative player, and often times we can not discern if items were gotten legitimately or if they were spawned in. You are not allowed to sell items to people outside your town because it is a creative town. There is no way around that rule. You could leave the town, but then you would not be able to take anything with you, legit or creative. You could also stay in the town and just get money by other means. You are still allowed to sell legendary and vote keys, and you can still do /vote and /rewards if you need money.

グ-you-have-been-stopped-7999917.png

I would like to point out that this kind of stuff was never an issue in the past. Yes, creative players can spawn in things but it's easy to tell who is spawning in what and who they're giving it to. Most players would report this kind of action in the past but now the rules have been changed. Honestly I would not staff under a community that has changed this drastically. I enjoyed the community far more when there were less strict rules. 

That is what Tekkit was all about, It was far less strict that any of the other servers and that is why people enjoyed playing on it. After Henk was given a Rank in there he easily was promoted until he was GM+. He was able to pretty much run the server as he wished from then on and it has changed it completely.
So SenpaiDipper, and his friend, please do not blame these staff. They have been treated the same way they are forced to treat you. Ask Ohanno himself, I'm sure he would be glad to tell you.

If any of the staff, or past staff that come by this for that matter, please Like this if you do agree. I would love to see who does.                               

Yes, creative players can spawn in things but it's easy to tell who is spawning in what and who they're giving it to.

Thats not true, only way to know for sure if its spawned in if its says its spawned in.

There are ways to get around that and give people spawned items. which is why this rule exists.

if this rule didnt exist, anyone in a creative town could easly get millions of millions of items that are not "creative" items.

Mr Colt, How long have you been helper? I'm sure I have been around longer than you have. I had to deal with problems like I've said. No, they were not hard to crack. Yes, these same problems can happen without you guys knowing due to that bypass using NEI. No matter if they joined that town or not their items should not be stripped. As these people have said their items came before they joined the town.

Examples

1. Creative players could place or world edit blocks, but then someone else could break them. They would not register as creative.

2. A creative player could spawn in ingots or ores, pulverize them and smelt them using machines, and then they would no longer register as creative.

3. A creative player could spawn in blocks, but then use a machine to place them, which would most likely cause them to not register as creative.

There are probably many more instances where creative items do not register as creative, or to make them not show up as creative, but I have not tested with this and do not know all of the methods.

Under normal instances, I am instructed to do a 2d ban. I agree with Ramsey that the server is very harsh in its rules and is often hard for me to follow. So I decided to warn you instead because I found it unnecessary to the situation since you two were on. That being said, no major punishment would have been carried out and everything would have continued peacefully. Instead you preceded to insult Me and Dragon, fight against the clear rules that I am supposed to follow. Additionally we told you what was wrong and why. Such conflict is unneeded and senseless. Thank you for your time.

Be creative!

2 hours ago, RamseyRoich said:

Mr Colt, How long have you been helper? I'm sure I have been around longer than you have. I had to deal with problems like I've said. No, they were not hard to crack. Yes, these same problems can happen without you guys knowing due to that bypass using NEI. No matter if they joined that town or not their items should not be stripped. As these people have said their items came before they joined the town.

And the problem with this is that there is no way to verify what was creative and what was not, an it seems that we err on the side of caution rather than letting people perhaps get creatively spawned items and not be in a creative town.

Then let them leave the town as they wished to, check their inventories and if they don't seem to have Illegitimate items then let them leave. They do not want to be under such ridiculous rules laid out by a tyrant.

Honestly I believe the rules had come from Henk.

1 hour ago, RamseyRoich said:

After Henk was given a Rank in there he easily was promoted until he was GM+

I'm actually not a GM+, I'm a GM- But I'll take it as a compliment :-)

He was able to pretty much run the server as he wished from then on and it has changed it completely.

They do not want to be under such ridiculous rules laid out by a tyrant.

Honestly I believe the rules had come from Henk.

For the record, the rules did not come from me they were changed by the managers; Skilande and Powerwarp. However at the time i did agree on it since we had a widely spread issue of creative members sharing their creative items to others. It was a widespread issue, and you saying it's never been a problem in the past is a complete lie. 

However.... as of late we have considered changing the creative rule completely and is actually an idea that I originally proposed to Brunyman and it will come into effect once the plugin is made to support it. Until then we can't do anything else than to follow the rules that are already in place, - but also being more lenient on the rules which in this case I think that my fellow staff members have been. Previously this would have been met this with first offense but from what I can tell - (I have not actually read these chat logs.) - instead a warn was issued merely to inform you guys that it wasn't okay. 
For now, until we get a plugin this has to be the case- if you have creative or you live in a creatively influenced town you can't participate in the economy.

For those curious what I'm talking about... this is how the rule stands today:

[4] No sale/gifting creative/illegitimate items to members outside of your town:

• 1st offense = 2 days ban of both parties involved.
  • 2nd offense = 7 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 14 days ban.

And this is a rough mock-up that is yet to be confirmed. But something along these lines:

[4] No sale/gifting creative/illegitimate items to members outside of your town:

• 1st offense = Warn and/or kick
  • 2nd offense = 7 days ecoban.
  • 3rd offense = perm ecoban.
  • 4th offense = 2 days ban (and then going from 7-14-28 days after that.)

This rule would also act differently to the first one- as this is to be applied if a donator or a member of a donator town is found selling or gifting creative items. Meaning that donators can join the economy, aslong as they stick to completely legit items.

The idea is that you would instead of getting banned you would be restricted from accessing auction and market for a temporary and eventually a permanent amount of time. I think this would be a  better way of doing it. but we haven't worked out the kinks yet- nor have we coded the plugin that we would have to custom-make to go along with this. 

You should also make a policy of which when a Town owner invites you to their town they must disclose with you weather its a Creative town or not so we dont get into trouble. because rightnow with whats going on. i can only see that MMD is the issue here. since he is the one who invited me and my friend to the town. i was new to the server and asked for a town when he invited me. he didnt tell me it was a creative town.

• Henk locked this topic

Archived