Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Add Angel Ring to Shop

greenMachine1123

Given how difficult it is to get Angel Ring's with this version of extra utilities I think that it would be worth considering adding the angel ring either the donation shop or the in spawn shop. If it is added to the in-spawn shop maybe a price of 2500 would be reasonable because the ring is so useful. If added to the donation shop maybe make it $3.00 or $4.00 because those seem reasonable considering what the other kits cost and contain. 

I personally don't think that difficult things should be added to the shop in general. It destroys progression when you can just buy the stuff.

I.E. having Terra Steel at spawn means, that I can immediately bypass all of progression in Botania and fast-forward to the high-end armor and items for just a few $$. This essentially breaks the mod, because there is no more reason to craft through various items and machines for something you can just buy at spawn.

I also disagree. Shop items should either be uncraftable items (as there'd be no other way to get them. also, not talking about creative uncraftable, but rather broken recipe uncraftable, or just things that are theoretically obtainable but can't be crafted) or items that are very much finite, and thus there's a chance that something might not exist anymore.

Let's just take a look at the Angel ring now, shall we? The only things I would say are difficult to come across are the bat, ghast, and drop of evil  all due to spawn rates. Should any of these be made easier? Not sure. If anything, I'd say the absolute hardest to come across is a bat, those things seem highly elusive if you actually go looking for them. But, you know where all of these things spawn, all it takes is a little bit of patience, and a lot of luck. Until you're able to make it, use either the squid ring or the IC2 jetpack for flight to help you get the rest of the materials.

So TL;DR, No to ring itself in shop, wouldn't be heavily opposed to spawn eggs for bats or other exceedingly rare mobs.

Adding the ring to spawn shop is very illogical, it is very easy to craft, gives you a creative flight and no need for advanced expensive armors or slow jetpacks early to gain the ability to fly properly.

This was already discussed between staff, such thing would be pointless because finding mobs needed for making one is fairly easy, even bats, there is a mining world full of them. The crafting recipe is pretty balanced now and selling something that is easy to make it even more easier to get, is, well illogical.

We have agreed that such thing should not be sold at spawn, if anyone disagrees they can unlock the topic, but for now Ill close it.

T/C.

• Beh locked this topic

Archived