[Expert Crafting Issues] *Fang Langford (dba Ingenieur_13)*

Your Name: Fang Langford - Ingenieur_13

Description of Issue: We've all experienced this: you want to craft something advanced on the Infinity Evolved (Expert Mode) server.  You consult the recipe listed by the Not Enough Items (NEI) mod.  All the ingredients go into the crafting matrix and no output appears.  Or even more tantalizingly, the expected output flashes in the expected place for an instant.  After consulting the internet, or other sources, an 'expert' recipe is found and it works!

Or it doesn't.

I've come up with a work-around of my own.  (A simple, but not very easy or convenient, solution.)

I will disconnect, quit out of Minecraft, close that instance, open Twitch and use the official Feed the Beast (FtB) Launcher.  I wait for Minecraft Forge to run its course, select Craftersland, and negotiate the sign-in and activate VIP features processes.  Next, I consult NEI through my inventory Graphical User Interface (GUI).  Usually, I will even place the ingredients into a Crafting Station (from Tinkers' Construct) because it doesn't drop the items.

And then I reverse the logout-login process.  Once back, I open the Crafting Station GUI and lo, the output is ready.  Onward to play.

But not yesterday.

I was crafting the Storage Drawers Controller Slave.  The NEI recipe did show the output for but the briefest of instants, but no luck.  Off to Twitch then.  Ah!  The Gold Ingot is replaced by a Gold Chipset.  Back on Craftersland, I craft an Assembly Table and a number of Lasers as well and the Lead Fluxducts I need to connect them to my power grid.  Many minutes later (It's not a very powerful grid.), I replace the Gold Ingot in the Crafting Station and...Nothing.  Not even the briefest flicker.

Somewhat bothered by this, I laboriously head back to Twitch again.  As expected, the components await me in the Crafting Station.  And there is the output I desired.  No flicker, not tantalizing glimpse...  I take it into my inventory and there it stays (I'll tell you the story of things disappearing and reappearing from my Hot Bar later.)

So it's back to the Craftersland launcher.  (Did I mention my preference?  It plays well with the NEI heads-up display.)  There it is; still in my inventory.  Play resumes in earnest.  A good fifteens minutes jumping back and forth just to verify and craft a recipe for a simple item.

Except now I have to switch launchers simply to do the actual crafting for certain recipes too.  A little too much work, I dare say.

For my own edification, prior to this incident, I've been digging around in both my Twitch and Craftersland installations attempting to identify and transplant the official recipes as displayed in the Twitch Instance.  No such luck.  Add to that that I actually had to be logged into the other instance to even craft the recipe at all.

This goes a little farther than an inconvenience with the Craftersland Launcher, but presents an exception challenge, especially to players who don't have two instances of Minecraft FtB Infinity Evolved, Expert Mode installed in their computers.

I'm not asking for a time-consuming revamp of the Craftersland Launcher; I'm sure that will take place eventually; I have only the highest esteem for the operators and staff of Craftersland.  As an interim solution though, could someone post a step-by-step guide (and a link to the files) to implant the appropriate recipes into NEI?  If I'm not mistaken this was done for the Bottomless Pouch, the Travelling Trunk, and the Book Binder.  If it's not too much trouble I would like something like that.  b^.^d

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this whole sad story!  Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Fang Langford

le Ingénieur

Screenshots: Twitch RecipeCraftersland Recipe