Multiblock Machine Issues

bosschicow

It seems that not long after a server restart the multiblock machines just eat items. I've had issues with the Crusher where I'll throw ore in and get nothing back. The same issue occurs with the Metal Press. I've lost many plates and frames due to this. Unless there is a workaround for getting frames, this is a big issue for progressing! I've been using the Compressor in the meantime for plates.

Items despawn after some time to prevent lag, I recommend placing Hoppers nearby or itemducts to fix this and automate it so you don't lose materials, to automate the crusher you place a chest on the output block so it doesn't drop the items to the ground,  that way you don't lose stuff. 

The crusher has a conveyor belt to a storage box but I can try and take out the conveyor belt part and see what happens. The problem with the Metal Press is that I literally stand at the end of the machine waiting for the item to finish and when it does finish it just vanishes. Even stepping away from it and allowing the item to fall to the floor doesn't work. It doesn't even reach the floor :( . I assume the chest for the Metal Press would be at the end of the conveyor belt or does it go on the ground? 

I'm using a chest to a wooden hopper input to the Metal Press and a chest to receive the output. For the crusher I took out the conveyor belt and put the storage box right on the output. I played for a pretty good amount yesterday and didn't have any issues the entire time. I won't say it's a guaranteed fix just yet but it's definitely an improvement! Thanks for the advice! 

Archived