(For sake of Server) Rebalance DML Diamonds & Drop Rates

AtomicGrog

A little background first:

1. A key low/med/later tier power source in game is the 'NumisMatic Dynamo', it runs on Diamonds, for which the obvious source is Deep Mod Learning (DML). However to get the diamonds, a semi complicated piece piece of cobblestone processing, ender pearl liquifying and other trickery takes place to get the DML Pulsating Polymer Clay. Net effect is a bunch of DML Mob Simulators (Sims) with Enderman and Shulker Data Models inside. Setups of around 40-50 sims for diamond production is common case.

2. In addition to the Diamond production players also use DML to produce a widely varied set of source materials automatically starting with Iron Ingots and inclusive of blaze rods, sulfur etc. etc.

In short DML has become the equivalent Void miner of Rev, the Hoppers of SF4 and the Sieves of SF2.5/3 etc.

Where does this lead to? 100+ DML Simulators is now becoming common place. For power and materials and without the likes of a void miner/sieves irreplaceable. They are i'm informed low load but that's a relatively short minded view. In addition to the Sims there's also cables/pipes/conduits associated with them as well as power to generate to run them

My suggestion to reduce server load/impact is to:

(1) Increase the Diamond Drops from 6 to 12 per pristine pearl.

Diamonds have no significant value in-game by the time you are running DML and are quite abundant in veins with an appropriate scanner.

To do this the DML config file (deepmoblearning,cfg) would have a section updated:

# Shulker
    S:shulker <
        minecraft:shulker_shell,6,0
        minecraft:diamond,12,0
     >

(2) Increase the pristine pearl drop rate across the whole of DML in a linear manner. Ie 5%, 10%, 20%, 30% becomes 15%, 30%, 60%, 90%.

Net impact would be a reduction in need across the board to run DML, in many cases a single Sim would suffice for many types.

To do this the same DML config file would have a section updated to:

"pristine matter chance" {
    I:tier1=15
    I:tier2=30
    I:tier3=60
    I:tier4=90
}

(3) A staff recommendation of 50 sims/player max.

Considering that diamond production will be 6 times faster, the typical 40-50 shulker sims could be less than 10. And others improved by a factor of 3 the only real hurdle players would need to tackle would be the number of model types of which there are 15. Removing 10 for diamonds, another say 5 for ender pearls (for power production) leaves plenty for the remainder with a healthy few left for extra 'spurts' of material when needed.

I've tested the above changes in solo, to see if the graphics and production outputs align to config - they do. However i'd also noticed that if deployed server side only that the GUI will reflect the wrong numbers, but I don't see this as a significant issue, its drop rates, not a craft screen being manipulated.

All in all this isn't likely to be a server saver. But it's a step in the right direction considering the TPS issue we have.

• 3 years later...

About the generation, I suggest you use the Gregtech Steam Turbine. Of course its efficiency is horrible but magmatic dynamo can generate steam with boiler augment so you have free constant energy generation. Use the converter to convert low A Gregtech energy to RF directly at the output, then transport RF to workplace and converted it back at the suitable tier and higher A to feed your machine with 0 lost and don't need to increased A in output.

• sreny1 locked this topic