Temporary Chunkloader Dissapearance Solution: Buy slots. not loaders.

I already realize you can buy extra chunkloader slots with real money on the forum store, this doesn't replace that.

So, like a lot of people, I've been having my chunkloaders vanish out of existence constantly, and either I have to post to the forums and wait up to 24 hours for a mod to replace them, which is irritating both me and the mods replacing them constantly I presume, or I have to spend my in-game money to replace them, at no fault of my own.

I imagine this is known issue to the server staff at this point, and they are seeking a solution (although I can't find any feedback on the issue, which would be nice), but in the meantime, it's a pain in the ass. And I've been trying to think of a way to get loaders replaced faster, and thought of all sorts of stupid shit, like chat commands, or just free replacements with an honor system, etc.

So the idea is:

Loaders are free. You can buy as many as you want for $0 at the spawn. You can fill an entire chest with them if you want.

However, when you first join the server, you can only have 1 placed in the world (or active) at a time, instead of the current 4.

But, you can permanently increase your max active loaders up to 4 (where it's currently at) by purchasing upgrades at some high price with in-game money ($10,000+ per slot).

If four isn't enough, you can increase your max to 10 via the forums store with real money, as it is now.

And any time you want, if your active loader dissapears, you can go to spawn and get a replacement, totally free. Or maybe even just with a command to put one in your inventory.

It doesn't solve the dissapearence issue, but it does minimise the interruption of gameplay, and reduce the need for staff to get involved with item replacement, and it even gives a reason for the economy and earning cash other than being to lazy find/mine/craft certain items yourself, haha. It might even convince some more people to vote for the extra cash.

• 2 months later...

Here's another suggestion, make chunk loading be interface way, just how you load with your local client.

Remove the physical chunkloaders, keep the 4 slots limit that you can chunkload.

Each slots gives you the actual 25 chunks to load (just how it is right now)

Increase your slots with real life money or by some high "$" ingame.

By doing this you keep the fairness of having a start up chunk slots that you might deem necessary increase the more invested you become in the server, you also keep away the "forced" pay (that really ticked me off on several other servers, don't force people to pay for the server but give them a home that they would like to donate and contribute on keeping it going).

This way you guys can get rid of the annoying problem of refunding lost chunks and focus on improving other things.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...