just a couple questions

JoeDirtDigger

I didn't see any info on this when i saw the info on how often the server gets wiped. hope i didn't miss it. that being said here are a couple questions me and my partner had.

just curious is there in fact a wipe coming in September? (someone was talking about this in chat the other day)

and

will we be allowed to keep our inventory items and/or character progression?

Thanks

When server wipes happen, everything, apart from your rank is reset. One-time benefits such as in-game cash that is purchased standalone (not with a rank) cannot be restored.

This allows players to experience the mod pack once again, clears out the inactive players, and resets the economy. If players were to keep their inventories, you could pack it full of items that you need for "end game" and "finish" the mod pack in a matter of minutes after a reset.

Don't worry though, resets are usually done roughly every 6 months, so there should be plenty of time to enjoy the game. As to whether there is a reset planned for RL, I cannot say.

There's no specific time for server wipes. Every 6-8 months we look at the server map to see how full it is.

If there's still plenty of space for new players, then we tend to leave the server alone.

If the map is full, and/or we've noticed players talking about the server needing a reset, then we consider doing one. If we decided the server may need wiping, then a poll of the forum is made.

Players can then vote on whether the server gets wiped or not.

As dono said, everything except your Rank, Prefix and Permissions are reset.

thanks guys. I didn't expect anything to carry over inventory wise I was but my friend said i should make sure ( he is new to server minecraft ) so I decided to humor him.

does a reset also reset your skill tree? wasn't too clear about that.

Epic, I read that post about every 6-8 months, and that is coming up. I asked here since some guy was going on about it being a done deal in chat and I just wanted clarification since I can't get a mod or admin to answer anything in chat when I'm on. I'd rather not start on the build i have planned if your'e going to wipe in a month or two as that's about how long its gonna take me to build what I want.

Archived