I would like to see Mining world randomized

Obeliske

I'm going to be honest I'm not sure why this is a thing, but Mining World when reset is a literal copy of itself. I would suggest it be randomized for a large number of reasons

-Being non-randomized benefits long term players over new ones as long term players will have waypoints set already to all the ore veins. This is problematic as it makes it harder for new players to get the easy close by nodes they need to progress as older players already having the waypoints will have mined out the easy to reach nodes.
-Non-randomized means that I may go and WP every village in Mining world and loot them upon reset meaning it's that much harder for various things that spawn in villages (ie, various witchery books) meaning an older player can corner the market on these types of materials and prevent fresher players from breaking into it as easily.
-Non-randomized world means that some biomes will never spawn (my girl asked me if there was an ocean biome for instance and I've been all over but am unaware of any)
-Randomized Biomes promote exploration of the world rather then players going directly from A to B
-I personally believe in selling information, when I get some good info I pay for it and I like to sell WP to ore veins, that's impossible to do if the world is set
-According to my girl the exploration is part of the fun and experience of the game

When I go mining an ore vein I take my lunch box a quarter stack of ingots a repair table and a couple stacks of torches. I don't really have to do these things thanks to the /home and back commands but when I go mining I don't want to be interrupted. I do my thing and I go home. I want to really experience the whole game and a large part of that is exploration and I think that random mining world really promotes that. I really think the server would benefit from players slowing down and enjoying their time here, that's the point of Minecraft, somebody actually came to my base and gave me shit for making it look nice last night because I'm not rushing the end game stuff so I must not be efficient and that got me thinking about exactly what kind of players benefit both the game and the server in general. When I started the server was almost dead and I had long periods of time on my own on the server to explore and learn things and I miss that tbh. I think it's an important aspect of the game. Especially if regular world isn't going to be reset again for a long time I think it's important to give players something to explore and mining world could very well be it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...