3 FTB Direwolf20 servers, what now? Vote!

brunyman

DW servers  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with old Direwolf20 servers, and latest 1.18 version?

• Open a new server with Direwolf20 1.18 modpack, don't shutdown any old existing servers, 1.7, 1.12, 1.16
    • Replace the 1.7 server with the new 1.18 FTB Direwolf20 modpack.
    • Replace the 1.12 server with the new 1.18 FTB Direwolf20 modpack.
    • Replace the 1.16 server with the new 1.18 FTB Direwolf20 modpack.
    • We don't want FTB Direwolf20 1.18 version server.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

ftb-logo.png

Please vote in the pool above and let us know what to do with the existin FTB Direwolf20 servers, 1.7, 1.12 and 1.16 but also with the new version 1.18.

It's about opening a new server with the latest Direwolf20 1.18 and the old servers we currently run.

Thanks!

1: what Direwolf server is having the problems the most ? 

2: what server has the least players ?

3: what server will benefit the most ?

4: say if you got rid if 1 of the Direwolf servers that we have now, what would happen to the helpers, mods, admins  for that server?

• Founder
  1. I don't think any of them have problems
  2. Least players, currently both 1.7 and 1.16 maybe a wipe will help
  3. I think we should have 1.18, the new server will benefit. I came with this vote to see what you guys think as I'm not sure what best move will be, on one hand we have 3 DW servers and none of them is very played and adding a 4th one will also add more work to staff and maintenance
  4. Existing staff can move to what server they like to play

Imo this voting thing is just rigged tbh because I guarantee that 95% of the people voted have not even played on 1.710 nor any of the other servers.

And to be honest why wasn't this voting mentioned under any of the other direwolf servers on discord only on the 1.7.10

17 hours ago, brunyman said:
  1. I don't think any of them have problems
  2. Least players, currently both 1.7 and 1.16 maybe a wipe will help
  3. I think we should have 1.18, the new server will benefit. I came with this vote to see what you guys think as I'm not sure what best move will be, on one hand we have 3 DW servers and none of them is very played and adding a 4th one will also add more work to staff and maintenance
  4. Existing staff can move to what server they like to play

Again, 1.16 and 1.18 versions are the same, just the MC version difference, they almost have the same mods and stuff, so I suggest keeping the 1.7 server for now, because it is a whole different experiment from the other 2 servers we currently have.

Shutting down the 1.16 server is a better idea in my opinion.

I am new to CraftersLand - I just started on the 1.16 server this week and just got my AE2 setup running today. For that reason I voted not to shutdown any of the servers and create a new 1.18 server. 

If 1.16 would get shutdown I’d like to know sooner than later since there wouldn’t be much point in playing since my progress would be short lived. 

On a side note - I’ve tried quite a few DW20 servers out there, and CraftersLand has been by far my best experience. I have not experienced any lag since playing, the uptime is great, and have had a flawless experience so far. Thank you to the team that runs the servers!

• Founder

Thanks guys, well.. the only reason it's hard for me to shut down the 1.7 server is it is so old and has so much memories of the old times. One way will be I guess. We keep all existing servers, open a new one on 1.18 and after it's released and no one plays on 1.16 shut that one down? So everyone can move on to 1.18 from 1.16 and if it's the same and very similar then 1.16 should be left empty and lonely

Shutting down dw 1.7.10 would be a probably very big problem

If dw 1.7.10 shuts down all the 1.7.10 players would most likely go over to infinity evolved due to it being the most similar pack

Meaning infinity evolved would have a constant player spike and would have much much much more issues than before

Also it would lag a a ton more

And overall why dont you shutdown 1.16 i mean 1.18 and 1.16 are basicly from a modpack perspective litterly the same version

• brunyman unfeatured and unpinned this topic