Restricted items

MrChallenor

Over the last few weeks I've noticed that a number of items either can not be crafted/installed or don't work.

an exsamples would be things like the plasma rifle and rail gun upgrades for the power fist. I was looking forward to gunning down ender people.

also I can't get any of the loader blocks to work. I've heard over chat and such that they are disabled? Is this true?

I can't find any mention of these in the rules or in the banned items list.

Those modules are banned because of their ability to bypass protection. It's not listed as banned in the forum post dedicated to outlining the restricted items. The only chunk loader that works other than a quarry is the minefactory reloaded chunk loader and it requires energy to operate. once its buffer gets full, it will stop working (loading chunks) so you have to bottleneck the speed at which energy flows into it with an energy cell. it stores well over 2 billion rf and that's a lot of energy, so plan accordingly. one chunk only costs 200 rf so I recommend loading chunk-by-chunk and spreading out the workload in multiple chunks so the server isn't taxed too hard on one chunk.

Thanks.

I try'd playing with the chunk loaded but couldn't get it to increase its radius beyond one. This ment i could test it very well.

Thanks for the info on the power situation. so it would be best not to give it loads of power? 

I assumed its wasn't working because it didn't have enough not that it has too much.

well eventually it will get full. I originally just used hardened energy conduits which caps at 400 rf/t but with how much I play it eventually made them stop working after they got full. took a few days but it happened. I recommend setting them all to "0" so they only load the chunk they're in, and use an energy cell to keep them either at 200 rf/t or at 201 rf/t (what I do, so I can use the energy stored to calculate exactly how long they've been running)

These loaders will only run while you're on the server. as soon as you log off, they go idle. this is why they are the best chunk loader - they only work when whoever placed them is on the server. this is also why I think spawn doesn't stay chunk loaded because every other chunk loader that gets placed will disappear.

Archived