Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Idea For Tekkit/Modded Servers

Recommendations

For a while now I have been thinking about a page on the modded servers, or a sign board in-game, where the clans of the server can create an advertisement, this would only be temporary however, if this was in-game you would have to pay in-game money to keep your sign on the board for say, a week. This would give new players a better opportunity at mixing and making a name for themselves in the Community, I have also made a post like this before and I got very positive feedback from it. This would also, like I said above ^ people that have just started playing on the Craftersland Network a better chance at embedding themselves in the community, getting to know people and the staff / Rules.

Sorry but i can already imagine a troll adding racial slurs and text to his advertisement :/. Can there be a better way to approach this method? Even if we use a censor script to check for swear words, there will always be a way for them to find a workaround it no matter what. Its a good idea, but a dangerous one. I'll stay neutral for now

Edit: Even if the mods are active in deleting the posts. New players would still see some racist/hate speech advertisment for a split second and change their minds for joining this community due to them thinking that the forums are unstable and such.

I definitely do agree Yusixs. There could possibly be a way around this too. But it may take me some time to come up with it, I will definitely come back to this topic [not forum thread] if I do find out a way to censor racial slurs or swearing/curse words! Thanks for the advice anyway, will definitely make sure to keep you up-to-date on this.

On 4/3/2017 at 5:00 PM, Yusixs said:

Sorry but i can already imagine a troll adding racial slurs and text to his advertisement :/. Can there be a better way to approach this method? Even if we use a censor script to check for swear words, there will always be a way for them to find a workaround it no matter what. Its a good idea, but a dangerous one. I'll stay neutral for now

Edit: Even if the mods are active in deleting the posts. New players would still see some racist/hate speech advertisment for a split second and change their minds for joining this community due to them thinking that the forums are unstable and such.

Make it only viewable to logged in users.

Edit: or you can make it like mod queue where a forum moderator has to approve your post before it is added

• 3 weeks later...

Archived