Massive cyber attack

Timur

Massive cyber attack striked Ukraine, and now spreading across Russia and Europe.

This virus called "Petya". So far it hit Ukrainian goverment computers, Banks, Power managment systems, many many firms and companies and....

...and it hit my PC...

Now my screen looks like this

265587.jpg

I`m writing from my Laptop. And now i need to reinstall my operating system, and reinstall all other programs.

Be careful, guys and girls. And backup your crucial information.

8 minutes ago, Mixedme said:

... (TAKE IT SERIOUSLY) this is really bad i have Anti Virus and i paid for it so if it dont work i can easily sue the company and become rich ...

I believe you not a robot, and could not read whole "License agreement"

This virus spreads via Email, attached to PDF, DOC or XML file.
Then it spreads via Local network to ALL PC with shared folders with "Write" permissions granted.
After this it write file "C:\Windows\perfc.dat" and crashes PC by showing BSOD.
07a5c58758a3b7581a670eeb0fb38e60.png This file was quarantined by Avira (Free antivirus)
After restart it run Fake "Check Disk" in BIOS mode. While you looking at percentage it encrypting your "File Index"

Important information, as far as i know Avira is only Antivirus detecting this virus, not sure for how long it will save your PC, and when new version of virus come out.

This is how FAKE Check disk looks like
fake-chkdsk.jpg

WARNING, IT`S FAKE, IF YOU SEE IT, SHUT DOWN YOUR PC NOW!!!
Every percent is how many files you LOST already!

11 hours ago, PortalAtlas said:

Time to go back to Windows XP :D 

How did you get it btw? was it a laptop that you connected to a public network? Did you download something? me very scared.

Doesn`t help...
We had XP machines aswell. They got infected aswell.

That sucks. I was actually reading on a couple guards one could use against this, earlier today.

"One way of preventing a PC getting infected is by tricking the malware into thinking it’s already on the computer. This can be done by creating a file in the Windows directory folder (C:Windows) and create a file named perfc (it’ll end up look like this: %WINDIR%perfc) and set it to read only, according to Hacker House CEO Matthew Hickey. That’s because when it first run, NotPetya searches for that filename in that folder and if it’s found, it’ll kill itself, noted Cybereason.."

Source: Forbes.

Archived