[DW 1.7.10] Leonard's Urn is a restricted item

TwoThe

I just learned - after the fight - that the Urn from Leornard does not drop because it is a restricted item.

Leonards urn > BloodMagic - Protection bypass.

First: this item is from Witchery and not from Blood Magic. Second: I would know any way this item can bypass protection, because the only thing it does is to allow you to use a single witchery brew without using it up. The item alone cannot bypass any protection because it doesn't do anything on it's own, and if a Witchery brew bypasses protection, it will do so even without the urn, because the only difference the Urn makes, is that the brew is used up without it.

I therefore assume that this item is falsely banned.

Was banned for that reason that you mentioned. Before being banned, items on that list are tested multiple times or have been situations when that was used by players to damage protected land. It can be used to destroy protected land in combination with some brews.

The main problem is that this item is essential for the progression of Witchery. Many higher tier brews are balanced against having unlimited use via the Urn and are just too expensive to be used without. I.E. the 'mining' brew requires slightly above one diamond for a one-time brew that mines some ore around the player. This is definitely not a good trade if you use it like that and only becomes useful if you have the Urn.

Additionally - since the urn does only gives unlimited uses of a brew - I am pretty sure that the protection bypass can also be archived without it. If that is the case, then banning the Urn doesn't solve the problem but destroys half of the mod's endgame content.

I've been looking through the various brews you can make with Witchery and found two candidates that probably should be tested for protection bypass, as the effect would be severe.

Brew of Erosion (destroys land): witchery:ingredient:62  (this can also be custom brewed, but I can't find a config option for it)
Brew of Ill Fitting (target drops armor): config option: I:"witchery:potion.illfitting"=59

There are some others that could do minor effects should they be able to bypass protection, but they cannot be disabled in any way, like producing ice blocks or turning stone into cobble.

• 9 months later...

Doing a little necroing here. I am playing on Infinity right now, but the restricted item list still contains the Urn, but also all now Witchery brews.

If that is correct, then Witchery is effectively disabled, because you need the brews to advance, and the Urn is what you try to advance to. Any update on this?

Archived