Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

[NuclearCraft] Fusion Reactor

Beh

Hello, so yesterday I decided to build a fusion reactor and dear god it took so much work. After it was done I went online to check a tutorial because I know these things back from Tekkit and let me tell you if something goes wrong there is a lot of damage that can be done. So I watched a tutorial and went on few WIKI's and in all of them it said that the reactor itself needs to reach 8MK aka it needs 40,000,000 RF to start.

I have tried to power it and it didnt go as it said, I have used over 3 stacks of nether stars with the netherstar generator which makes 9.8 million RF per star, it would have worked if there wasnt delay in fuel insertion because it cools around x10 faster than it heats up. 

I found a solution online where code needs to be changed in config so the speed gets better and it actually starts working :

image.png.5d3f61395c89581dfe57d6e4a417f3cd.png

These things were always expensive, but in the end always paid off, really efficient and powerful, would be really nice if this config could get changed so it can work properly.

Sorry @brunyman, I just went through config files and its under nuclearcraft.cfg

It is this one:

Screenshot_1.png.00fe4b044fac285acbd97d519517d3f7.png

Turning that up to 1000 should do the trick, it will increase the heating up speed and also let it be self-sufficient pretty much like on tekkit.

@brunyman so, a small update: this config change broke the entire fission branch of the mod (this is roughly 75% of the mod). fission reactors now instantly overheat as they cannot be cooled with this x1000 heat generation. ?

it's for the better if this change is getting reverted back to it's original setting.

@Beh Fusion reactors in nuclearcraft mimic the ones irl, so they require massive amounts of power to operate. in their current state, they only generate about equal to what they require to start up... these fusion reactors aren't like the ones in tekkit, they require a auxilery powersource to work (as they should do imo). they simply aren't the solution to your every power need.

I know that they are different here but the thing is I checked Wiki and tutorials on this and where ever you go it says that it only takes around 40-50 million RF to heat it up to 8MK where it starts working. Last time when I tried before bruny changed the config it took me 3 stacks of nether stars, and it only got to 6MK, and 1 netherstar in netherstar generator makes 9.6 million RF meaning I used 28.8 billion RF to get it to just 6MK.

Also I found this where people have been complaining about heat up temp: https://github.com/turbodiesel4598/NuclearCraft/issues/28

I dont mind reverting it back but would be nice if we found a solution for heat up.

Archived