[SF3] Unplayable Server Lag

MusicNerdDavid

Sky Factory 3 has had MAJOR lag for the last few weeks and nothing seems to be happening to stop it to my knowledge. At certain times the server will be crashing and restarting constantly and nothing is able to get done. The lag has been extremely bad. Please can someone do something to stop it, because it's extremely frustrating. I don't know if it's on the server's side or a player's side but something needs to be done.

Can confirm. Since 2-3 weeks ago the sf3 server has a ~10 second lag spike ~every minute or so (I know this because the Night Vision effect from the Draconic Helmet starts to run out), and crashes and server restarts happen so often that people, especially the fresh arriving ones, start complaining if the server is always this bad. The server restarts sometimes result in duped or deleted items, or mini-rollbacks in islands.

Currently because of the bad situation there are only 5 people in the server, and even then, as the night vision effect shows, there's a 1-2 second lag spike that happens once in a while. Don't know if the problem lies in the server or in a player. I was already on this server around 4 months ago, and it was never this bad. Don't have screenshots or logs yet, but will add if I manage to get them in time.

Edit:

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/1kLADeV

You can see in the middle right how the Night Vision effect is about to run out, which only happens when the server lags or is about to crash (which it did in this instance), don't know if this is helpful or not

Log:https://pastebin.com/HuZi2H5H

Don't know if this crash was even part of the others, but nontheless here's a log. You can see that the crash happens right after I made the screenshot from above.

I can also confirm this problem. I doubt that there is a common person for these lag spikes... maybe someone who's just on a lot, like me - although I haven't made any significant changes to my base in those past weeks, or the week before it. 

I suggest that we look into everyone who's been online in the past 2-3 weeks and see whose bases are capable of causing this. Just an idea. 

19 minutes ago, TheO0032 said:

I can also confirm this problem. I doubt that there is a common person for these lag spikes... maybe someone who's just on a lot, like me - although I haven't made any significant changes to my base in those past weeks, or the week before it. 

I suggest that we look into everyone who's been online in the past 2-3 weeks and see whose bases are capable of causing this. Just an idea. 

Good idea

Update: For quite a long time, the server has gotten not only incredibly laggy, but the requests have continually timed out. When I listed the people, I saw the only other person there was GodOfTalents. Then it timed out. Nothing. I have been unable to get to the server at all for awhile. 

• Founder

Today i noticed the server CPU was stuck at 100% usage even without something running. Had to do a reboot, then the dedicated server failed to boot back up, I had to open a ticket to ask a technician to go and check the server out and get it online. They only told me they did a hard reset on the server. I will check to see if this also played a part in the increased lag, else I will do some server profiling and try to find out what was causing the lag.

Archived