DierWolf20 1.12 Noted Issues and Solutions

oobelk

There's a lot to do in modded minecraft but bugs make things difficult at times. So here's a list of all the bugs i've noticed and some the others have brought to my attention

- Chunk Loaders

Chunk loaders do exactly what the name say's they keep Chunks loaded.

But some disappear over time notably the Enchantment Table ones from Chicken Chunks and their smaller brother the Spot loader

- Solution 

Use the Chunk Loader from IC2 (IndustrealCraft2) they keep more chunks loaded (25 at a time opposed to 3) but do require constant EU power to run

!!WARNING!! - This can caused decreased server TPS or "Server Lag" so please use wisely as to not ruin playing experience for others

-Thermal Expansion Energy Cells

~Reciently the energy cells output mode has been bugging out and no outputting anything

-Solution

~Use any "Energy Cell" that isnt from Thermal Expansion and you should be fine

-Pistions

Pistons are great for doors mob grinders and all your block moving needs, however they also.... Disappear

-Solution 

While there are many different blocks that recreate what pistons can they are not usable in all situations

~Doors: Try using castle doors from twilight forest (There is another twilight door that acts the same but am unsure of its name)

~Moving Block Positions: Ya got me here I have no clue, Although someone mentioned Funky locomotion but i have no clue how any of that works

-Refined Storage

While nice storage systems are, well nice. What is not nice is when your drives disappear and delete all your items

-Solution 

Stick to the ME System or use Storage Drawers with a Drawer controller and an item duct feeding items into the controller this will put items into the individual drawers automatically although stacking items when you have empty slots does get a little wonky at times

-Gears and Plates

You'll notice when trying to craft gears and plates that JEI gives a recipe but there nothing will craft

-Solution

Use a tinkers construct smeltery

you can craft Iron gears and plates to make the casts for any other metals

-Baubles

The baubles tab ads inventory space for special items such as but not limited to: Rings, Draconic Flux Capacitors, Clothing (Not Armour) Shields and more, how ever upon death the bauble inventory is deleted and not recoverable though grave stones

~Solution

To avoid loss of items keep them safely in your inventory as this can be retrieved after death through grave stones

--~~CRASHES~~--

Industreal Foregoing has been wreaking havock on 1.11 patch causing crashes when a black hole get loaded (Ticking block entity: Stacking Loop error) or something along those lines

to fix this please go here: https://forum.cratersland.net/topic/28189-ticking-block-entity/

Once youve installed the patch fallow these directorys to access your mods list

Legacy Launcher Users: C:\ftb\FTBPresentsDirewolf20112\minecraft\mods

Twitch Launcher Users: C:\Users\(Your PC's Name Here)\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.12\mods

(These are default pathways, if you chose to change your download path you'll need to find your mods folder in your designated download path)

If your noticing decreased frame rate or JavaExpection Errors it may be 1 of 2 things 

either your alocating too little ram (FPS)

or too much ram (Crash Errors)

-Solution

Adjust your ram accordingly to your pc specs

you can do this in both launchers through the options tab

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i missed anything please comment any updates and known solutions below

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE!!! Have a great day or night

-Oobelk

On 6/18/2018 at 10:41 AM, brunyman said:

are chunkloaders still going missing? Mine didn''t

Their odd cause sometimes they do and sometimes they dont but sence swithcing to the IC2 chunk loader ive had no issues

• 2 weeks later...

RFTools wireless energy cells are bugged as well. I've got a few with -2 billion rf and a one with +400 billion rf. 

Xnet is bugged too. I logged in and it had lost all the machines it was hooked to (for rf and item transfer).  Tried breaking it and replacing it, nothing. I had to break the individual machines to get it to see them again (breaking the connectors and replacing them did nothing).

RFTools crafters often just don't craft. The thermal servos (via item ducts) every so often won't transfer items, no matter how long you wait (yes, I know about the default black list and having to change it to white list).

Recently, if I'm more than 6 chunks from my base for any amount of time, my flight ring quits working because there's no grid power (I'm making 45gp with only the ring to power(32gp)).

Diamond shulker boxes can bug you out. They create a "payload overflow error" and crash you just by looking at them...so be careful.  

Archived