Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Seperate Island for Team Comunnity project.

Ropher

I'd like to participate in a team community project in building an island with friends.  I'd also like to maintain private construction of my own island when others may not be on.  Is it possible to be members of a team, and to be assigned a team island while holding onto my own island privately?

You can be trusted on someone's island while also maintaining your current one. That's as far as it goes from what i know, being trusted on someone's island is the best way to keep both islands.

EDIT: Setting your home in your friend's island with /sethome is probably also the best way to go to his island without having to wait for him to get online so you can teleport there, he could also open /is warp in his island for easy access.

I used to do something similar back when I was merely a member on SF2. 

I created an alt account using a cracked clients like hackpheonix.. I moved ownership of my private island to this cracked account (because I didn’t end up changing who i trusted on my island that often.)

and then created a new island with my main account that I then created a /is warp to and invited everyone.

Ah, of course.  Creating a second account makes perfect sense unless it is against the server rules.  I did not find any "/is warp"  command as mentioned above.   I'm not sure why you'd have to use any cracked clients like hackphoenix to do this; just create a second account for a new minecraft membership fee. 

That answer the question of how to participate in both a private island and a clan island.  But since there is only one /set home, how could you jump between your private island and the community island when your mates were not on?   I guess you could create an RFTools portal eventually.  Any early-game solutions?

You can set your island spawn doing /is setspawn and getting to it from /is tp 

and you can do /delhome home and set a new home somewhere so that you kinda get 2homes 

So if I understand this right, I can

use /is sethome    and /is home     to set and return to a "home" island,   and ALSO

use /is setspawn  and /is tp  to return to a spawn point, which could be on another island, and ALSO

use /spawn to get to our common spawn area?

... Yep, that appears to work -- at least on the same island.   Thanks!

Archived