[Griefing] RadioHipHop and [Griefing] Glock24

Octavian_Soup

In-Game Nickname: My username: Octavian_Soup His: RadioHipHop

Time and date: ~2:30 Mountain Time

Description of what happened: I was going outside my base to kill a zombie when I see 2 dudes (ALSO username: Giock24) out destroying our reactor. I thought someone else in our group claimed it, but apparently not. They appeared to be in creative mode, then claimed and destroyed the land nearby it. We tried to kill them but we got killed very easily (oneshot?) Note the death beacon. I have screenshots of them destroying the reactor and Radio admitting it in chat.

Also: They may have said more in chat but I accidentally turned on airplane mode taking screenshots and got kicked and had to restart

Screenshots or Proof: https://imgur.com/a/ny9LlQp

List of eyewitnesses: Me and 9VoltWolfXX

This is obviously a hot mess so thanks for your time

NOTE: typo in title, 2nd username is Giock24

[8] No Griefing Any Protected Territory:

• 1st offense = 7 days ban.
  • 2nd offense = 14 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 28 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 60 days ban.

Includes everything that changes the environment of claimed land. Includes any block, item, action, liquid, that can bypass protection. Includes Griefing of own Town if other members did not agree and worked hard. Griefing spawn is a permanent ban.

If the area isn't claimed then it is free game to raid it, and from what I see in your screenshots your base wasn't claimed and that's why he raided it. That's not bannable, there is a tutorial at spawn on how to use the claim protection (grief prevention) that we use on Direwolf20 1.12

23 minutes ago, Octavian_Soup said:
7 minutes ago, Henk said:

[8] No Griefing Any Protected Territory:

• 1st offense = 7 days ban.
  • 2nd offense = 14 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 28 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 60 days ban.

Includes everything that changes the environment of claimed land. Includes any block, item, action, liquid, that can bypass protection. Includes Griefing of own Town if other members did not agree and worked hard. Griefing spawn is a permanent ban.

If the area isn't claimed then it is free game to raid it, and from what I see in your screenshots your base wasn't claimed and that's why he raided it. That's not bannable, there is a tutorial at spawn on how to use the claim protection (grief prevention) that we use on Direwolf20 1.12

Gotcha. We used claiming pretty much elsewhere, but accidentally forgot that spot. If I may ask, isn't "griefing protected territory" an oxymoron? Theoretically, if land is claimed, it can't be griefed, so how would an offense like that be possible?

We're dealing with modded, exploits and bypasses are around every corner. Methods we haven't even discovered yet, therefore claims are 100% protected, but a good 99%. The rule is in place to prevent those exploiters to use that for bad and cause damage to others.

Archived