Skin Plugin Suggestion

xDrews

As you may know most of the Players on network have only the default skin, because they use a free account. My Idea would be to install a Plugin that allows Cracked players to play with a skin, because i heard about  some players that are annoyed that they cant see their skin. Also, i don't think anyone want to use the default skin, its nothing special or unique.

I checked for plugins and found one called SkinsRestorer, which is available for version 1.8 up to newest 1.15.1 and is intended for that use. Maybe there are better alternatives, idk.
Link for the plugin: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/skinsrestorer.2124/

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, xDrews_YT said:

As you may know most of the Players on network have only the default skin, because they use a free account. My Idea would be to install a Plugin that allows Cracked players to play with a skin, because i heard about  some players that are annoyed that they cant see their skin. Also, i don't think anyone want to use the default skin, its nothing special or unique.

I checked for plugins and found one called SkinsRestorer, which is available for version 1.8 up to newest 1.15.1 and is intended for that use. Maybe there are better alternatives, idk.
Link for the plugin: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/skinsrestorer.2124/

I believe this would be a good idea, but it can also be exploited for people to use certain account names and have certain skins that break our server rules such as possible, racism + NSFW type skins. 

16 minutes ago, Ramma said:

I believe this would be a good idea, but it can also be exploited for people to use certain account names and have certain skins that break our server rules such as possible, racism + NSFW type skins. 

that would mean all other servers (cracked or not) would have the same problem, which isnt the case. Also, as far as i know, we have staff for network that are there to handle this.

Also what about hackers? they already can join the server without a problem (things like xRay that the anticheat doesnt detect). that would be the same problem as skin abusing.

1 minute ago, xDrews_YT said:

that would mean all other servers (cracked or not) would have the same problem, which isnt the case. Also, as far as i know, we have staff for network that are there to handle this.

Also what about hackers? they already can join the server without a problem (things like xRay that the anticheat doesnt detect). that would be the same problem as skin abusing.

Fair point, but end of the day it'll be a nice addition if it's ever to be considered added to the server, but it'll be down to Network's manager to decide if it'll be added, I hope it'll be added as it allows a lot of new members to have a skin etc for their accounts (free member ones)