FTB Revelation time for WIPE? Vote here!

brunyman

Revelation Wipe  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a FTB Revelation Server WIPE?

• YES! Time for a reset, new map seeds and a fresh start for all.
    • NO! The server is fine, no WIPE needed.
    • I don't care, just show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

logo.png

Hi guys,

Last server WIPE was on 25 May, the map is about 6 months old, there may be still some room for new bases on the main world however got some requests for a WIPE from players.

As part of WIPE this means all data except ranks will be WIPED, we will provide a world download, existing ranks can be re-activated and all maps will get new seeds. It will be a fresh start for all.

You can check the current live map here: LIVEMAP

Please vote and let us know if we should next. Thanks

I just recently started on this server and it seems great! I'm just starting fresh, so I don't know how some of the server veterans feel, but I think it would be interesting to have a server restart. I say this because it seems like the markets are empty because none of the longer term players have the need to sell/buy resources since the majority have basically infinite items due to miners/automation/etc.

Overall, I could lean either way, but I feel like in general a wipe would help attract new players. Perhaps along with the restart, we could also have more things to do around spawn? (IE Update the spawn building, maybe add spots for players to set up physical shops if the player base is large enough?) Right now it feels pretty empty/lifeless, especially because the spawn's in the middle of the ocean so there's also no player-made town or anything.

Honestly a wipe is very necessary considering the mass amounts of builds around the map, weve had a couple cheaters through the wipe too and it would be best to get a new beginning.

Besides, if people are new, they still wont want a wipe in a couple months so itd be best to do it now so their progress there-on-out is prolongued and maybe even better from experimenting through the wipe this time around

I voted no, from personal experience over the past few years I've seen these kind of resets / wipes happen. Players return, fill the maps with massive builds, then disappear again shortly after, only to have to repeat the cycle again and again, preventing any kind of very-long term growth.

On the other hand, if this reset does go through - One thing I would add to the starter kit would be a void satchel, something that right out of the gate will help stop unwanted drops from flooding the server with people mining for the first few weeks. I would also downsize spawn as well, it's a gigantic arching building that has very little in the way of function, and looks out of place with the few shops and end portal that occupy it now.

20 minutes ago, CaptainThrills said:

I voted no, from personal experience over the past few years I've seen these kind of resets / wipes happen. Players return, fill the maps with massive builds, then disappear again shortly after, only to have to repeat the cycle again and again, preventing any kind of very-long term growth.

On the other hand, if this reset does go through - One thing I would add to the starter kit would be a void satchel, something that right out of the gate will help stop unwanted drops from flooding the server with people mining for the first few weeks. I would also downsize spawn as well, it's a gigantic arching building that has very little in the way of function, and looks out of place with the few shops and end portal that occupy it now.

Thats the way servers go. they die down and require a wipe otherwise nobody would wanna play the server because theres no places to build. Besides the people returning would be players who have played the server for even multiple wipes, And it was very successful at the beginning of last wipe imo and it would be great to have another wipe occur now more than ever