Remove random Lycanites Mobs Events from overworld

AdmSirRed

I want to encourage people to post hear if they are in favor with this being removed.

These events cause a lot of problems on the server which is very discouraging to have to work around.

The mass amounts of mobs spawn end up creating a bunch of lag.

The other major issue is some events grief players builds. this is a major one and is a huge deterrent from people wanting to actually build up on the server. The fire based ones and nether based ones destroy any wood and sometimes even cobble structures.

please post hear to try and get the admins attention to get this terrible part of the game removed. (it is possible since the first iteration did NOT have these stupid events.)

https://ibb.co/5cs3PcP Example of part of our base being ruined by a stupid event. 

• 1 month later...

Rlcraft is a modpack made to punish people in just about every way and make them think differently in how they do things. Before 2.9 it wouldn't have been hard to argue that we had some limitations in what we could build with and how it looked. Now we have quark mod and a few other mods that add interesting new building items for us to use. 

I also know they tried once so far to disable the events and it ended up only disabling the minibosses and bosses instead of the events. 

I do not know what the lycanite config looks like as most of the stuff i look at usually as an ingame viewing option for a decent amount of what it offers. If there are more attempts at this in the future, I would ask if its possible to only disable these events in main world. Despite some of the downsides to these events they are a very good source in some cases for people to gain knowledge rank exp and/or to make an attempt to tame a pet/mount they've had a hard time finding. 

The events that tend to cause the most harm yearround would be cinderfall, eruption, and Hells Fury as the primary base damagers also Sharknado spawns flying sharks that can knock off signs/item frames. In december Your Head Roastin On A Cinder Fire spawns several of the mobs from cinderfall and even tho there isn't a mob list in the wiki Satan Claw may have demons as part of it. Halloween also has its own event that will have a chance to spawn demons called Happy Halloween. 

If they can't be disabled for one world only but, is found that some can be disabled individually then i would suggest the ones listed be the main ones disabled as most of the mobs can be found in the nether, spawns created for them like cinders will start spawning with 7-12 active fires going, and the roas aka sharks can be found in oceans. The mobs are also programmed to despawn on there own after 5 min of the chunk being loaded in some people may perceive that they are staying longer as chunks on the outer edge of peoples visions (outer most chunks seeable) may not necessary have there timers counting down.

• 1 month later...

as thatcrazyflyguy said.. rlcraft is supposed to be a challenging and unfair modpack, and that includes destroying your hard work from building. 2nd, the mob issue perhaps could be resolved by reducing the amount of mobs spawned by lycanite events, not sure how that would work, but hey, its a suggestion :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 1:33 PM, SwiizyHD said:

destroying world is ok, but crashing the server indefinitely isn't.. I have around (very much) Cinders spawned and cant even log on !! How should we counter that ? A server overload of fire mobs..

That would be a you problem thing as it sounds like your computer can't handle the event the server handles them fine.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Insomniac_1950 said:

I mean this exists. (I hope this link works)

Mass Cinders

I've seen stuff similar to this the only problem has been when i'm in the end for a lycanite event. They never spawn in these crazy amounts. Whether it be cinders or one of the other events. Whenever I see this many and they don't despawn after 5 minutes i'm always sus about how they really got there.

His pc crashing tho is still more than likely a him thing as even with that many cinders/other lycanite mobs from other events the server doesn't tend to crash.

9 hours ago, Thatcrazyflyguy said:

I've seen stuff similar to this the only problem has been when i'm in the end for a lycanite event. They never spawn in these crazy amounts. Whether it be cinders or one of the other events. Whenever I see this many and they don't despawn after 5 minutes i'm always sus about how they really got there.

His pc crashing tho is still more than likely a him thing as even with that many cinders/other lycanite mobs from other events the server doesn't tend to crash.

Yea the massive amount of projectiles that they fire can lead to lag and pcs crashing but obviously that would be a clientside thing with RAM and stuff.

• 4 months later...
  • ASOOD locked this topic