Server lagging TPS down

Waldhein

Dear Server Staff,

we expirience alot of TPS problems on the server.  Can you pls take a look and try to find out what  couses the Problems.

Becouse when the server restarts,  TPS are down to 5 - 7 atm. It does not get better. Last couple of days it get worst and its kind of impossible to play.

Wem would apreciate when you come and take a look.

WArm Regards Waldhein

@brunymanPlease... if you did maintenance can you please reverse whatever you did. At the moment of posting this its 11:20pm NA EST. Earlier today when I logged on the server was perfectly fine, tps was normal (around 12) and my ping was maybe 80-120, It was like this until about/around 3-4pmEST (I do not remember the exact date), but ever since then, for me and a couple of other players our ping (tps is still normal for us around 12) has completely spiked. Ive troubleshooted all the issues that it maybe could of been my router, but it was not. Its only your server thats doing this atleast for me (I do not know if the others have tried different servers, personally I have) and 3 players I can name right now that this is happening to or happened to (dont know if its still happening because they logged off because it was unplayable) is Jcaster and Xassassin321. Me and Jcaster are IRL friends and live pretty close by but XAssassin321 is located in Australia, so it doesnt make sense if it was our routers/internet if were in different regions. I tried restarted my computer, even going as far as changing my IPV settings, deleting and reinstalling network drivers... Nothing is fixing it which is leading me to believe its the server (My ping in other games/discord/other apps is absolutely perfect, download speed is like 200mbs and upload 50mbish)....

I do not know if I can continue playing if this keeps up longer than a week as I literally cannot go to any of my friends bases, (Waldheins, XAssassin, Freeqs [yes i set a tp to u freeq without your knowledge] and etcetera.) and if I do tp to them, I just rubber-band (teleport back to original position) until I disconnect, reconnect and /spawn or /home, and then disconnect once again and reconnect as It wont let me tp without disconnecting. I barely travel as loading chunks with 200+ ping is impossible atleast for me, and I can barely go into other dimensions (if I do, I have to relog). This is just extremely disatsfisfying and discouraging. 

Also even with a low amount of players on the server, the ping is still 200+... I'm completely fine, dealing with a low tps (4-14) but having a high ping issue is just unplayable at points, and I feel as though if I renovate my base and make it bigger or something and add more machines (like the above bases mentioned) I wont even be able to join the server and go to that home (that would be renovated/added machines). 

TL:DR- Ever since 3-4pm NA EST some of the players ping issues have been highly spiked and the server is unplayable at times

2022-02-14_23.33.30.png

• Founder

It's not the maintenance fault, the maintenance only helps on server TPS not connection latency, the server is hosted in Germany probably that's the latency issue, try to join the server using our US proxy on  modded.craftersland.us  , then use the server selector item in your inventory and connect to DDSS.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

5 hours ago, brunyman said:

ok, I have patched the lobby issue, let me know if joining using the us hub helps your latency

Okay, so it has let me connect a few times but here's what it will do 

1:Load into Modded.craftersland.us no problem, slight freeze but only for about a second 2:Click the dirt lookin terrocotta and it freezes once for a good 10-20 seconds, freezes again for a good 10-15 seconds and then it starts loading the dirt screen 3:Freezes for maybe a good 20-30 seconds and then unfreezes and when it freezes again your either going to have a "Timed Out" screen, or your going to be in the game.

essentially, one would have to restart their game every time the server restarts to rejoin from the US proxy server because it will NEVER connect you to the server and will ALWAYS time you out. I tested it maybe 30-40 times before restarting my game. Even after you restart you still have a chance to always be timed out, and to my theorys, if your running on a lower end pc you will never be able to connect through the proxy.

• Founder

It does freeze when joining DDSS as forge transfers server data to sync the client with configs, recipe and material registry. There are some mods that cause that in this pack so there is no way to fix this behavior, however even if this can take 2min sometimes it did not time me out. I increased the timeout settings to give you time to load, let me know if it still times out

On 2/15/2022 at 9:00 PM, brunyman said:

It's not the maintenance fault, the maintenance only helps on server TPS not connection latency, the server is hosted in Germany probably that's the latency issue, try to join the server using our US proxy on  modded.craftersland.us  , then use the server selector item in your inventory and connect to DDSS.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

when I look at the traceroute to the DDSS server then the server is no longer located in Germany 😉

At the beginning of 2021 the ping became worse by 20ms...

According to the traceroute I would currently guess Helsinki as server location:

11    27 ms    21 ms    20 ms  core8.fra.hetzner.com [213.239.252.9]

12    49 ms   100 ms    50 ms  core31.hel1.hetzner.com [213.239.224.150]

13    41 ms    41 ms    40 ms  hel1-dc3-ex9k1.hetzner.com [213.239.224.126]

14    40 ms    39 ms    40 ms  static.77.237.181.135.clients.your-server.de [135.181.237.77]

HEL1-DC3

Started Operating

November 25th, 2020

Data Center Park Helsinki