Mana Generating Flowers And Numbers Behind Them (As Mana/rf)

GunnerHQ

In the search for the best mana generating flower, I did some testings and got these results:

Note: these numbers are the RF generated by a single block or item consumed by a flower...

0ZsyvxS.png

This is my testing setup:D No passive generation flowers...

Here are the numbers behind it:

1. Endoflame: 1 coal/charcoal: 12.000 - 13.000;

2. Thermalily: 1 lava: 104.000 - 106.000;

3. Munchdew: 1 oak leaves block: 1.600;

4. Entropinnyum: 1 TNT: 64.000;

5. Kekimurus: 1 cake: 107.000 - 109.000;

6. Gourmaryllis: 1 steak: 40.000; 1 meat ingot(mfr): 64.000;

7. Spectrolus: 2 wool: 1.600.

These are the numbers... This was tested on the FTB...

Now you choose what flower you want for your mana generation...

Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

I`ll explain how this looks in real.

1. Endoflame: Works really slow, but good at early game.

2. Thermalily: Every time it consumes lava, it will "cool down" for like 1 minute, so it`s slow aswell.

3. Munchdew: I say, it`s best way to produce mana, it`s fast, and you can use MFR harvester to get leaves. Leaves placed by machine, or formation planes works fine. Be aware, if Munchdew didn`t find leaves blocks to eat, it will go to sleep for 1 minute. (In my oppinion, it`s the best mana source)

4. Entropinnyum: Tnt is not that easy to make constant source, also noise, sometimes you will hear explosion even with sound mufflers (game glitch)

5. Kekimurus: Same as TNT, not easy to make constant source of cakes. To many process steps, as for me.

6. Gourmaryllis: Same problem, constant source. But yes, it`s much easyer to make process line. But... It`s tricky flower, it will consume ANY amount of food you give to it, but will only produce mana out of one food item, rest will just disapear. you`ll need a timer and dispencer, and some automation, because flower will eat even if pool is full, and no mana producing.

7. Spectrolus: worst mana generating flower. First of all, it`s manual, no automation possible, because it will eat any wool, but will generate only if wool is needed colour, you must check required colour by clicking it with wand.

So, now i`ll make rating of best mana generating flowers (In my opinion)

1st place Munchdew  because leaves is easy to get by MFR harvester, and place it by formation plane 

2nd place Gourmaryllis food is cheap, flower is easy to feed, and you can find even more powerfull food type for mana

3rd place Entropinnyum TNT is only sand and gunpowder, make creeper grinder, and you will swim in mana.

4rth place Endoflame Coal (and charcoal) is not a problem in Skyfactory, but this flower is kinda slow.

5th place Thermalily This flower got heavly nerfed one day by mod author, now it`s just "meh" mana flower.

6th place Kekimurus In vanila minecraft cake was the "hardest to make" item, same thing now, you need quite bit production line for this.

7th place Spectrolus This is manual flower... period... no automation possible... i think...

I agree with you...but I just wanted the numbers behind mana generation not times and cooldowns...

And that is a list not some kind of top...

I also currently on sf2 I'm using kekimurus and some endoflames for somewhat passive mana generation... I plan on making more kekimurus since it's kinda the only flower i never used it for mana gen:D

As for the wool thingy... it eats wool in order... that is listed in nei... it's kinda hard to automate but if you have tons of wool, why not:D

• 11 months later...

actually entropinnium makes six thousand five hundred.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3vik19/botania_flower_mana_generation_numbers/

source2: http://ftbwiki.org/Tutorial:Numbers_of_Botania

in skyfactory, it is pretty easy to automate tnt. 2 autohammers make sand, and you can easily make a creeper spawner running off mobessence from a separate mobfarm made of cursed earth. using enderchests and me system, outputting them into crafters and into vanilla dispensers set by a timer, op mana gen right here. note that the TNT does not produce mana per tick, so getting better mana spreaders improves its ability so much because cooldown is only as long as the flower holds mana. 

Edit: for noise issues, the problem is that the flowers dont eat the tnt if its not chunk loaded. so instead of getting absorbed, they explode and produce noise which is a bug that goes through sound mufflers.

actually entropinnium makes six thousand five hundred.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3vik19/botania_flower_mana_generation_numbers/

source2: http://ftbwiki.org/Tutorial:Numbers_of_Botania

in skyfactory, it is pretty easy to automate tnt. 2 autohammers make sand, and you can easily make a creeper spawner running off mobessence from a separate mobfarm made of cursed earth. using enderchests and me system, outputting them into crafters and into vanilla dispensers set by a timer, op mana gen right here. note that the TNT does not produce mana per tick, so getting better mana spreaders improves its ability so much because cooldown is only as long as the flower holds mana. 

Edit: for noise issues, the problem is that the flowers dont eat the tnt if its not chunk loaded. so instead of getting absorbed, they explode and produce noise which is a bug that goes through sound mufflers.

I think you didn't read the main topic thoroughly... I said ... "These are the numbers for how much RF/t every flower does." not the actual mana numbers...

And also... this topic is old. Botania got loads of updates since this was tested.

I`ll explain how this looks in real.

1. Endoflame: Works really slow, but good at early game.

2. Thermalily: Every time it consumes lava, it will "cool down" for like 1 minute, so it`s slow aswell.

3. Munchdew: I say, it`s best way to produce mana, it`s fast, and you can use MFR harvester to get leaves. Leaves placed by machine, or formation planes works fine. Be aware, if Munchdew didn`t find leaves blocks to eat, it will go to sleep for 1 minute. (In my oppinion, it`s the best mana source)

4. Entropinnyum: Tnt is not that easy to make constant source, also noise, sometimes you will hear explosion even with sound mufflers (game glitch)

5. Kekimurus: Same as TNT, not easy to make constant source of cakes. To many process steps, as for me.

6. Gourmaryllis: Same problem, constant source. But yes, it`s much easyer to make process line. But... It`s tricky flower, it will consume ANY amount of food you give to it, but will only produce mana out of one food item, rest will just disapear. you`ll need a timer and dispencer, and some automation, because flower will eat even if pool is full, and no mana producing.

7. Spectrolus: worst mana generating flower. First of all, it`s manual, no automation possible, because it will eat any wool, but will generate only if wool is needed colour, you must check required colour by clicking it with wand.

So, now i`ll make rating of best mana generating flowers (In my opinion)

1st place Munchdew  because leaves is easy to get by MFR harvester, and place it by formation plane 

2nd place Gourmaryllis food is cheap, flower is easy to feed, and you can find even more powerfull food type for mana

3rd place Entropinnyum TNT is only sand and gunpowder, make creeper grinder, and you will swim in mana.

4rth place Endoflame Coal (and charcoal) is not a problem in Skyfactory, but this flower is kinda slow.

5th place Thermalily This flower got heavly nerfed one day by mod author, now it`s just "meh" mana flower.

6th place Kekimurus In vanila minecraft cake was the "hardest to make" item, same thing now, you need quite bit production line for this.

7th place Spectrolus This is manual flower... period... no automation possible... i think...

A Spectrolus consumes blocks of Wool dropped within 1 block of it. It will consume any and all wool dropped, but it will not generate Mana from all of them. It will only generate Mana if the correct color of wool is dropped. The colors of wool it accepts follow the standard metadata order: White, Orange, Magenta, Light Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, Grey, Light Grey, Cyan, Purple, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, Black. Each correct block of Wool consumed generates 300 Mana. The next color in the order can be checked by looking at the Spectrolus while holding a Wand of the Forest. A Spectrolus can store 8000 Mana internally, and can be bound to a Mana Spreader within 6 blocks of itself to transfer its Mana.

Seems to me like you could automate it easy

• 5 months later...
  • itsz locked this topic

Archived