Waffles Pc

Waffle

Check this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

Check the first 2 builds.The first one is 330$ = 291 euro and the second one is 400$ = 352 euro.

Second one pretty much gets you medium to high setting in the most demanding games and ultra setting in the others.

First one only has 4gb of RAM and that will probably affect some of the most demanding games.

Anyway those 2 are the best builds you can get for that amount of money.

Hello friend!

Before beginning, I decided to make your PC at around 500 USD ( aprox. 2000 RON), because building a gaming pc under that budget limit makes no sense. You will definitely find the following parts at much cheaper prices in your country, so maybe you can buy other parts, like maybe an SSD, which is a big improvement for a gaming pc (even though it doesn't increase FPS at all).

So, to begin with, we got our CPU, an Intel Core i3 6100, a best-buy in the budget category and definitely a good performer. Next, we got the motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H, not much to say about it, but it will get the job done, while providing competent hardware. The memory is a 4GB stick from Kingston, the HyperX Fury, clocked at 2133 MHz, which can be easily upgraded to 8 GB in the future. For storage, we have a 500 GB SATA 600 (or SATA III) mechanical hard drive from Toshiba. I recommend purchasing a 120 GB SSD too, if the budget allows, but if not, you can still do that in the future. Next, the PSU is a 500W 80+ bronze Sirtec power supply, which has everything you need for the actual system and for future upgrades (maybe a better video card? :P ). The video card is a nVidia GTX 750 TI from Gigabyte. It's the best GPU for budget gaming PCs and can run any game, but don't expect ultra settings with 60+ FPS (not even a Titan X can do that properly), because that will never ever happen. The case is all about personal preference, but I recommend the Thermaltake Versa N21. Great case with proper air flow.

Here is the wishlist (PCGarage, Romanian site, I hope you can understand the name of the parts and search them online on Amazon - I was tooooooo lazy :) ):

http://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/1732564/

P.S. NEVER cut edges when talking about CPUs, they're as important as GPUs!

I hope I helped you a bit, if you got any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to help you.

Check this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

Check the first 2 builds.The first one is 330$ = 291 euro and the second one is 400$ = 352 euro.

Second one pretty much gets you medium to high setting in the most demanding games and ultra setting in the others.

First one only has 4gb of RAM and that will probably affect some of the most demanding games.

Anyway those 2 are the best builds you can get for that amount of money.

Hello friend!

Before beginning, I decided to make your PC at around 500 USD ( aprox. 2000 RON), because building a gaming pc under that budget limit makes no sense. You will definitely find the following parts at much cheaper prices in your country, so maybe you can buy other parts, like maybe an SSD, which is a big improvement for a gaming pc (even though it doesn't increase FPS at all).

So, to begin with, we got our CPU, an Intel Core i3 6100, a best-buy in the budget category and definitely a good performer. Next, we got the motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H, not much to say about it, but it will get the job done, while providing competent hardware. The memory is a 4GB stick from Kingston, the HyperX Fury, clocked at 2133 MHz, which can be easily upgraded to 8 GB in the future. For storage, we have a 500 GB SATA 600 (or SATA III) mechanical hard drive from Toshiba. I recommend purchasing a 120 GB SSD too, if the budget allows, but if not, you can still do that in the future. Next, the PSU is a 500W 80+ bronze Sirtec power supply, which has everything you need for the actual system and for future upgrades (maybe a better video card? :P ). The video card is a nVidia GTX 750 TI from Gigabyte. It's the best GPU for budget gaming PCs and can run any game, but don't expect ultra settings with 60+ FPS (not even a Titan X can do that properly), because that will never ever happen. The case is all about personal preference, but I recommend the Thermaltake Versa N21. Great case with proper air flow.

Here is the wishlist (PCGarage, Romanian site, I hope you can understand the name of the parts and search them online on Amazon - I was tooooooo lazy :) ):

http://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/1732564/

P.S. NEVER cut edges when talking about CPUs, they're as important as GPUs!

I hope I helped you a bit, if you got any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to help you.

Thank you abis and cookieking ill take a look at both links <3

All I have to say is A) for that budget you will get ALOT more when you buy used. Look around.

And B) dont get crazy, 4gb RAM is enough. And max 4 core cpu is also enough for gaming. 500gb hdd is enough as well. Ram is expandable later, You can also add more HDD or SSD later.

You can get a pc case later too if you really just want to get started.

Or re use a case you have around and put the parts you take out of it into the boxes you get with your used/new parts.

(Cardboard or wood will be fine to sit it on ;) you could drill and push some stand off posts into the wood then screw the motherboard onto it and it would have stand off's and work great. If you do remember to not drill to far, the motherboard is supposed to be held up off the wood by the stand off's hence the name ;) if it is down to far you might damage something when you screw it down since it will be sucked down by the screws.)

​My sons pc I got a i5 3570k with motherboard and 16gb of ram used for $300. If you can piece together something with a i5 660 or an older i7 2600 used those are still strong processors.

Don't forget you need a hdd, case (or go caseless), cd/dvd drive or a usb stick to install the operating system, mouse, keyboard, and something for a monitor.

And of course the operating system, Linux is free, otherwise plan to spend $100-$150 for windows.

However you get to use the windows disc I bought 5x on 5 pc's so if your going to do that its a useful expense.

I really hope mouse, keyboard and monitor, and speakers if you need/want aren't apart of that budget.

Otherwise you will be quite disappointed with the end result if you don't go used.

Lots of older intels that are a lot better than any i3 your going to get.
​With ddr4 ram out lots of people are selling perfectly good older components that are ddr3 ram compatible only.

All I have to say is A) for that budget you will get ALOT more when you buy used. Look around.

And B) dont get crazy, 4gb RAM is enough. And max 4 core cpu is also enough for gaming. 500gb hdd is enough as well. Ram is expandable later, You can also add more HDD or SSD later.

You can get a pc case later too if you really just want to get started.

Or re use a case you have around and put the parts you take out of it into the boxes you get with your used/new parts.

(Cardboard or wood will be fine to sit it on ;) you could drill and push some stand off posts into the wood then screw the motherboard onto it and it would have stand off's and work great. If you do remember to not drill to far, the motherboard is supposed to be held up off the wood by the stand off's hence the name ;) if it is down to far you might damage something when you screw it down since it will be sucked down by the screws.)

​My sons pc I got a i5 3570k with motherboard and 16gb of ram used for $300. If you can piece together something with a i5 660 or an older i7 2600 used those are still strong processors.

Don't forget you need a hdd, case (or go caseless), cd/dvd drive or a usb stick to install the operating system, mouse, keyboard, and something for a monitor.

And of course the operating system, Linux is free, otherwise plan to spend $100-$150 for windows.

However you get to use the windows disc I bought 5x on 5 pc's so if your going to do that its a useful expense.

I really hope mouse, keyboard and monitor, and speakers if you need/want aren't apart of that budget.

Otherwise you will be quite disappointed with the end result if you don't go used.

Lots of older intels that are a lot better than any i3 your going to get.

​With ddr4 ram out lots of people are selling perfectly good older components that are ddr3 ram compatible only.

Thanks for your advice, i already got my mouse and keyboard razer both of them, and i got myself a Benq monitor soo i just need to build the cpu. and some speakers

Can you tell me exactly what parts/peripherals do you own? And what do you want to do with your pc (only gaming, or some video editing/photoshop as well?). Give me as much info as you can. You'll make your life easier (mine too :) ).

Anyway, if you want gaming mostly, then I just created this list on PCPartPicker, in which I went with a GTX 960 SSC from EVGA, an i3 4170 3,7 GHz, perfect match with the GPU, 4GB Corsair Vengeance, a 430W 80+ Bronze PSU also from Corsair and .... actually why don't you take a look yourself :P ?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thecookieking97/saved/cHptt6

Yeah... sorry, but no SSD...for now. Hope you like it. Again, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Can you tell me exactly what parts/peripherals do you own? And what do you want to do with your pc (only gaming, or some video editing/photoshop as well?). Give me as much info as you can. You'll make your life easier (mine too :) ).

Anyway, if you want gaming mostly, then I just created this list on PCPartPicker, in which I went with a GTX 960 SSC from EVGA, an i3 4170 3,7 GHz, perfect match with the GPU, 4GB Corsair Vengeance, a 430W 80+ Bronze PSU also from Corsair and .... actually why don't you take a look yourself :P ?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thecookieking97/saved/cHptt6

Yeah... sorry, but no SSD...for now. Hope you like it. Again, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hi thanks for that, i already have my monitor, mouse and keyboard that the only 3 things i got.

Ok, as you didn't say what budget you would prefer more, I made a list for both 400 and 500 USD.

400 (actually 415): http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thecookieking97/saved/rZWxFT

500 (actually 490): http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thecookieking97/saved/cHptt6

Basically, I changed the ram, case and the GPU. If you want to buy second hand parts, then watch if they have warranty and ask the seller why he sells the part. 

Wish for the best!

Don't just don't get a i3. All that means is later your going to want to upgrade, and probably pretty fast too.

If you go intel, get a i5 or above. i7 is out of reach if new right now, for you. But used you can get a i7 2600 or something that does just fine. i5 660 should also be very cheap used, my i5 3570k is the next gen above the i5 660's and as I said I got used very cheap with a motherboard and ram too.

Nice thing about the i7 2600 and i5 660 is they both have hyper threading. YOU WANT THAT! intels seriously under perform on multi threaded/multi core tasks behind AMD processors without hyper threading, and with it still they do until you get into the high cost i7's were your looking to spend twice or more than any amd.

intel's strength is in the single core computing, which is fine. Spend enough money on a intel (your getting robbed though at that point) and you have a monster of a cpu that is top dog. Just prepare to pay $1100+ for that monster cpu XD.

If you look at AMD do not get anything with the bulldozer architecture, the phenom's are good, and the vishera fx cpu's are also fine.

Side not on this, the AMD APU's with integrated graphics are amazingly more powerful than any intel with integrated graphics. A AMD A10 APU processor can save you the cost of a graphics card, my laptop had one and it was awesome, blew my brothers i5 and the others i7 with integrated graphics out of the water due to AMD acquiring ATI and having superior graphics technology over intel. YOU CAN ADD A GPU LATER! If you really want to, same as the ram and hdd and such.

I don't want you to waste money buying low end new when you can get higher performance from used for less money. Never ever ever go to the low end, and never ever ever go to the top either when your on a budget. The middle is the sweet spot for price to performance always. You get a lot more for your money going with a i5 over a i3 etc. doesn't matter what part it is don't go all out on the top end parts, and don't let yourself fall into getting bottom end either.

Its not worth it.

And I'm not biased to amd or intel. Yes I love amd a lot, yes my pc and actually all my pc's had amd processors and I love them, but the proof is in my sons pc build. I got a used i5 3570k for a good price and I'm pleased with it. Granted, its slower than my amd FX8350 but until you start running bench marks you don't even notice it.

That also proves, bench marks aren't anything to worry about, Don't even look at them.

The i5 3570k is more than 1/2 as slow on any benchmark I toss at it as my amd fx8350 is and yet still in real world use there is zero difference.

Also, just lookup a ATI Radion 4870x2, you will realise how damn old it is. Then consider this, I got two 4870x2 for $100. They run Battle Field 4 at 120+fps easily. Paired up with that i5 3570k which helps, battlefield is a game which can make use of up to 8 cores, but not many can.

My second hand pc I bought for $5, Yes $5 has a i7 2600 and it keeps up with the i5 3570k on benchmarks. The i5 is newer than the i7 2600, yet the same in performance in almost all ways on benchmarks. Back to real world and ZERO difference. Though in benchmarking the two against eachother the older i7 was basically posting the same results as the newer i5 anyways so of course in that case real world is absolutely not distinguishable performance between the two.

Though my FX8350 can triple the score of the i5 3570k and i7 2600 and yet, still real world there is zero difference to me.
SOME people do use a pc as hard and even harder than a benchmark. Those people should care, average use and gaming it makes zero difference don't even worry about them.

Guys using a pc hard enough to even take a benchmark into consideration are the guys using their pc to make money, usually record studios and video editors can only use a pc that hard.

You're not correct actually. If he's going to buy a first or a second gen intel cpu, then he will need to change it in the very near future, only because it's TOO old and won't keep up in the future. I just don't understand what is wrong with an i3 though. In the 500$ range, a "gaming" build can only be a "budget" build. 

If you ask me, I never ever thought of buying a second hand component, even if it was a titan x at half the price, because you never know how long it is going to last you. Maybe, if you have a friend you know very well and he/she sells a component, then and only then, I would consider buying a second hand component.

If you want to take your time and buy used parts online, then fine, but be careful what you choose and from who you choose. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk. I listed you 2 great computers for your budget, with great brand new parts, why would you go with an outdated cpu/gpu when the future is clearly going to "reject" those outdated parts?

I don't know, this is just my opinion, I will not insist with anything else, after all it's your decision what you do with your money. AMD cpus are great for budget builds if you would consider buying one, but I never used one so I can't give you details. If you ever heard from a friend how great is the vishera architecture, or how powerful is the kaveri, then go for one of them, but I can only say that you'll need an aftermarket cpu cooler for both architectures.

Anyway, I hope I helped you somehow in this thread. Just so you know, in our society nothing can be future proof, maybe in 2 years cpus will replace the binary code with a better methodology of calculations and the today cpus will be history. Nothing is future proof, so choose wisely. Good luck!

Being older doesn't mean its obsolete.
And you know that i3 processor is 22nm technology. Already been replaced with the 14nm chips using ddr4 ram.

And a gtx 750 ti is again last gen.

So here I go, please enlighten me as to why he would want to "upgrade" from a i5 3570k or i7 2600 any sooner than if he got that i3 after you read the following,
i3 4170 - 3mb cache - 22nm - 2 cores 4 threads - 3.7ghz - tdp 54w - launched Q1 2015
i7 2600 - 8mb cache - 32nm - 4 cores 8 threads - 3.8ghz - tdp 95w - launched Q1 2011
i5 3570k - 6mb cache - 22nm - 4 cores 4 threads - 3.8ghz - tdp 77 - launched Q2 2012

Regardless of the advancements in tech from 2011, or even 2012 to 2015 the i3 has less cores, same clock speed, less cache, and its 22nm is the same as the i5.
All 3 of those chips use ddr3 and all 3 have hyper threading.
And I have to overclock the i5 3570k to keep up with the 1 and a 1/2 years older i7 2600 on benchmarks.

I don't believe just because the i3 is 2 1/2 years older its going to be any greater, and will probably be considerably less powerful In gaming with its dis advantages.
2 less cores, half the cache of the i5 and almost 1/3 the cache of the i7, also half the threads of the i7.

And intel releases new chips roughly every 2 years anyways. meaning just because the chip was launched in Q2 2012 doesn't mean it was installed at that time. Someone could have easily purchased a brand new i5 3570k in Q2 2014 and have used it for a year or two and upgraded to intels new 14nm ddr4 chips.

There's exactly why I wouldn't even spend another second looking at a i3.
If you really want to get new, then get new parts and move to intel's 14nm chips with ddr4 and id still get a i5 because its worth the 4 cores. The new i3 are still 2 cores 4 threads so far.

I would recommend a i3 to someone like my parents or grandparents who don't play video games. That's not a joke either.

But to each their own, some like warranties and such. But honestly if the part isn't dead on arrival its going to be fine until the warranty is up anyways unless it is abused or miss treated.

For fun, that i3 is basically the same as the i5 660 launched in Q1 2010
i5 660 4mb cache - 2 cores 4 threads - 3.6ghz
My uncle has several of these i5 660 computers he has in use in his house and in my grandpas office. They run just fine for 6 year old used parts. Bought from a bank at an auction when they upgraded their terminals.

And how do you judge to old? One ATI Radion 4870x2 which is a dx9 video card released in 2008 plays battle field 4 just fine on acceptable medium quality settings. I paid $50 for it, and the guy had 2 so I got both. Its 8 years old, its a card notorious for getting super hot and yet its alive still.

I got these cards recently so its not like I have kept special care of them either.

Your right, there is no future proofing. But it doesn't mean get a i3 just because its available as a new part.

And it doesn't mean get an i3 because you cant future proof and somehow figure i5 is just worthless.

The i3 is targeted at a much different audience than the i5 and I guarantee they never intended the i3 target audience to be gamers.

The i5 the gaming audience, and the i7 is for the professionals who employ the pc every single day for work and were time is money and so they require doing things in less time to make more money.

I would suggest you atleast get a dx10 video card though. And one with 2gb of ram. The gtx960 out performs the 750 ti also.

dx versions are all fully cross compatible.

Meaning dx9 works on dx12 but 8 year old parts is getting to that point were things can have a much higher chance to die off on you at any moment so dx10+ is my recommendation.
Game producers have remained to use dx10 and most likely will continue to use it for quite some time now.

Not many people upgrade as fast as you might think, most gamers use VGA and DVI and 720p monitors/settings.

It takes less graphics power to run 720p, also less to run smaller monitors (smaller resolution).

And using dx9 on a dx10 game simply removes tessellation as a in game feature (and maybe 1 or two others) and continues to work the same without them. And without a side by side comparison of the quality lost you wouldn't even know.

AMD FX-8350 is 4 cores 8 threads. Not sure what you can find one for but they're still being sold brand new for a while longer. Also AMD released a brand new all copper heatsink that now comes with them just recently with their announcement of their new cpu's coming out late 2016.

AMD motherboards are also generally cheaper than intel boards so you save some costs there usually.

Anyways bottom line if you want new and cant afford more than a i3 and a 750 ti. Then you should wait until you can save up the little bit so you can move up 1 level to a i5.

It doesn't have to be the top tier one.

Same with video cards, don't go with a 750 ti when you can save a little up and get the gtx 960. The 960 is $100 more (Canadian Dollars) than the 750 ti from my local store.

You can get i5's for $270 to $350 Canadian Dollars here. That i3 is $152.02 Canadian Dollars. So $122.02 and you can get a i5 if you were here. It will be well worth it. Otherwise you are just going to replace it faster. Get something decent now and you will keep it for longer. Or, go used its the magic trick of budget performance.

(I avoid ebay and shipping on used pc parts. I preffer to find locals selling their parts where I can inspect them and see if the person takes precautions like having the parts in anti static bags, as well as a box is always nice but the bag is a must. Also shipping is brutal and pc parts are fragile.)

Archived