Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Make a section dedicated to trades and...

Archmaestro

It has recently been brought to my attention by a FTB staff member that posting for trades in the general section of the tekkit forums is disallowed. I thought that was a good place to put a topic like that since there was no dedicated forum for trading, and there were no rules against the posting of said topics. I see guides and command requests so I figured something like posting on the forums that I was trading for a rare item would be a good place to increase my chances of getting said rare item. 

I think a good portion of the player-base is barely aware that the forums exist (only to register their accounts on the server, claim rewards, and reset their password or get technical support) and the server could benefit from dedicating a forum to advertising player malls (for item trading) and possibly have people arrange trades and schedule times they could meet on the server. This could potentially increase ad revenue on the forums (by increasing the amount of people who use the forums) and also draw more people to post in other sections of the forums to help others, make guides, give advice, etc...

Thoughts?

Every other game I play has a forum dedicated to trading due to the fact that not everyone will always be online all of the time, and someone might find something they need/want. This has the added effect of increasing player volume on the forums. I've seen so many people needing help in-game and if it wasn't for someone (usually me) telling these people to make a forum post they would have quit the server. The forums are a slow moving, semi-permanent record of someone's needs so why can't we have it benefit people in-game more so than it already does?

I'll tell you why I posted this: A while back I was actively sending messages in chat. one every few minutes. people were getting antsy about me posting the same message every few minutes and threatened to get me banned for spamming.

1.) spamming I believe constitutes sending enough messages to be kicked by the server. 

2.) I know of someone who was banned for "using god items in pvp" despite not having any god items or the ability to procure said god items. 

3.) If you do the math, me sending a message consistently every few minutes could end up getting me banned because of how rules are enforced (vaguely lain out and made so staff can ban even if there's nothing wrong being done) 

There are few people who is active in forum, only admins and someone who need help in technical support, making suggestion, etc, IMHO theres no use of making a trade section since you have a higher chance of getting what you want in-game than the forum

Hello 
Why don't you use the market plugin for in-game 'Trading'. Money will be the common ground for goods and it works even when the Seller is offline. Also please don't try to instigate fights, judging by your reply, I can see that this topic wouldn't end on a good note if this continues on :/

I use that plugin extensively. It has 2 flaws: I cannot post "buying" trades and NBT is not sustained through purchases (but /market send will keep NBT on a few items I've risked testing like Liquid drums, portaspawners, etc...)

My replies are truthful and non-polarizing. If someone is looking for a fight or some dissonance they will do it regardless of whether they take offense to what anyone is saying. Please keep on topic.

I appreciate you guys putting in your opinions. The consensus between everyone who has replied seems to be that I'm wrong about adding a trading section for the forum. It seems however that people from other modpacks want to put their opinion in on something that wouldn't really affect them, according to their logic, yet now 3 people know I am looking for a rare item for trade in the tekkit server. 

How about we add another function to the market? Instead of just relying on people to be selling items... how about we add a "buying" section to the market? you could use existing code (trading post) to enable people to select items and then have the currency deducted when a sale is collected just like with collecting the transaction logs. I could add to a trading post that I want to buy X for $Y. Another idea would be to dedicate a place in or near spawn for player shops/posts using items we already have

There are mystcraft pages which are ultra rare. I would also like to sell end portal frames, ender dragon eggs, ender crystals (for decoration) bedrock, creeper eggs, slimelings, etc... and I want to buy marble and basalt (items that are generated one time in the overworld only)

Basalt is the only non-renewable block in the game. it's generated one time and cannot be duplicated (through legitimate means - quantum assembler and dark matter)

I have searched for weeks trying to find a diamond ore page (I would like to have this so I can reward nice players with a custom made mystcraft world, and encourage them to find tutorials I plan on making soon so they can make their own amazing worlds and possibly buy them to keep them permanent)

I am really glad you guys commented. I honestly think adding to what we already have would be a good idea instead of using the forums for trading. I like the idea of adding a buy function to the market plugin. Also if we could get a default spot to throw away the transaction logs we get somewhere near the market area, that'd be cool.

Hes trying to buy a mystcraft page which is really rare, he is having a hard time searching for player who is selling it, thus his idea on making a new forum section where he will put a topic on he is buying a mystcraft world for ...$$, etc

I will make a post detailing all of what I offer soon. I'm still kind of iffy about making that kind of post in the general section due to conflict of opinion with staff members and the fact that I need new parts for my pc soon (randomly shutting off when loading high-drain applications, etc.. new power supply and hard drive is in my near future)

I think you guys were right. very few people have seen my post, and the ones who have I assume have put their trades on the market. world thread, etc, all on the market. diamond ore and gold ore pages must be disabled on the server (not sure if on purpose or not) so advertising on the chat channel in game is definitely the best bet.

It'd still be cool to get a buy option on the market though so I could post an offer for an item and have it deduct cash from the account

Archived