Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Duping

Archmaestro

Something seriously needs to be done about the duping. When someone can just cheat their way to the top, it drives out good players who might spend real money on the server. There's no point in spending real money on the server if you can just cheat and be the best. I've found out how to dupe without a crash so to whoever it concerns, get at me in game. I will show you how the dupe machine works. I also have an idea of how to circumvent any dupe machine or event without compromising legitimate items or causing too much data to accumulate. 

I won't post details of how it's done on the forum so nobody decides to abuse it. 

I'll sell you some chunk loaders. $1000 a piece.

protip: craft a bunch of blend all at once and get an array of induction smelters in a single line. even 5 will make the process go fast. put a chest on either end and power itemducts to take items to the smelters. it's really not hard

turtles are the main component. I would assume anything that can break blocks would work as well. making it so turtles can't break any mod machines would be a step forward. biggest offender is thermal expansion. come to my base in a little obsidian hut right outside of the town's spawn area and main ME network. I will put everything necessary in there and add a written book with instructions. nobody but me, _M3NGO_, and XMedders (other than admins) will have access to that area. 

16 hours ago, Archmaestro said:

I'll sell you some chunk loaders. $1000 a piece.

protip: craft a bunch of blend all at once and get an array of induction smelters in a single line. even 5 will make the process go fast. put a chest on either end and power itemducts to take items to the smelters. it's really not hard

The ploblem isn't enderium, instead it's the hardened glass. This is because I haven't much lead and obsidian and I've bought a lot enderium blocks in the market for cheap. Now I've fixed the problem with an ignicius extruder and I've also got soem lead from my deep dark quarrys.

12 hours ago, Archmaestro said:

I have lead autocraft into hardened glass lol

if (lead ingots > 1000) export lead

goes straight to induction smellers with pulverized obsidian flowing into them from pulverizers set to automatically receive obsidian

So what you're saying is that you are duping?

ok sorry.

Place a cyclic assembler and put items you want to duplicate inside of it. Then activate a turtle script that waits until you open the interface then digs the cyclic assembler and places it again then while the interface is still open, take the items out. the items that were in the assembler will drop and the interface stays open with the items inside as well.

add an if statement inline to any turtle.dig() code/event to prevent the turtles from breaking any thermal expansion machines. you could either do that or make the machines' hardness equal to bedrock. people could still use wrenches to break them (afaik) but turtles won't be able to dig them and they will otherwise be indestructible (except for wrenches) plus any other means that break blocks and place them will cease to work as well. there's no functionality loss as there's no reason to use turtles to pick up thermal expansion machines other than to dupe

that, I don't know. that's too far beyond my level of knowledge and googling skills. everything I've read so far only details how to change the hardness of a single block at a given position in the world instead of every block. you would have to decompile computercraft, figure out where in the code that turtles get their block breaking ability, and add hard code to make the server check what type of block is being broken before the turtle does anything, compare it to a blacklist, and if it's trying to break something on the blacklist then it makes the function return 0 and/or stop the script altogether. to change block hardness you have to do the same thing for thermal expansion except instead of adding code, you're modifying numbers.

at this point, you have to decide if people abusing the duplication bugs is worth letting people use turtles. they could easily just use quarries to mine instead of turtles, and fillers to build boxes and fill land in. other functions are limited by a person's skill with code.

I'm a legit player - the duplication bug doesn't affect how I play at all. the problems arise when a person who just wants to ruin servers joins with a hacked client and is able to get to end game by using duplicated keys sold on the market for cheap.

I don't know for sure. I really don't search for server bugs a whole lot unless it affects my gameplay or the gameplay of others. If those servers all run TE3 and computercraft versions lower than 1.6 then it's likely it will exist on those servers as well. from what I understand there's no break event for when a turtle breaks a thermal expansion block, so the client knows to close that GUI. if I had to tell you to search for something, look for events that occur when someone shift+right clicks with a crescent hammer in their hand and apply those to when a turtle digs a thermal expansion block. it's not normal for a turtle to dig a machine so even if every time it was to dig a machine block any open GUI closes, it wouldn't be very often and in the times it would be happening, it'd be because someone was trying to dupe.

I'm sad to say that I'm not very smart when it comes to programming. :\

Sorry I couldn't be of much help

• Founder

Looks like a thermal expansion issue on the version we have on tekkit, on all other servers it does not work. There is no event triggered when the turtle breaks blocks as most mods just break blocks without triggering events or checking if it can break that block. So I made a fix for it using other checks to force close the inventory if the block is broken.

Archived