Why is this allowed?

Blitzonite

I was just in Infinity Evolved, mindlessly farming the end for Amethyst and Enderpearls for a few minutes before i restarted my pc since i was getting mad frame drops(probably a memory leak, thus why i needed to restart) when, suddently, i mistakingly look at two endermen instead of just one so they start really damaging me, i'm at 1/0.5 hearts and trying to get away from the endermen and some dude called xNgs(unsure if that's the name - the letter G may be something else, don't recall). Why is this allowed? Why can a newbie just follow me into the nether and kill me like that? I lost all my ender amethyst gear and don't have more to make it again, i had just made a set of armour that i actually cared about, some logistics pipes controllers and a dude swings at me with a wooden sword while i'm fighting for my life and steals my items. Why is this allowed? Why would pvp be enabled by default in a modpack that consists in filling your inventory with gear that's literally crafted after days of work? For some dude that literally joined the server for 5 minutes, killed me and ran away to safety. Then you make it so you can't pvp in towns. What is this? Where was your mind when you didn't make it so you could toggle pvp? I'm sorry, i like you guys but that was legitimately.. Not very wise, just not to say something else. 

At the beginning it was said the rules is same as dw20 which has no stealing but pvp is allowed.  In that case, toggle pvp would be logical.  If that creedo is subject to change is another question.  DW20 and Tekkit server have the same written rules for example, but pvp is allowed in Tekkit.  But as it is stealing is not allowed it counts as griefing.  However you would need some proof and create a complaint post to resolve it.

3 minutes ago, QuartzWitch said:

At the beginning it was said the rules is same as dw20 which has no stealing but pvp is allowed.  In that case, toggle pvp would be logical.  If that creedo is subject to change is another question.  DW20 and Tekkit server have the same written rules for example, but pvp is allowed in Tekkit.  But as it is stealing is not allowed it counts as griefing.  However you would need some proof and create a complaint post to resolve it.

Check his inventory maybe? I also know the exact location of where my grave was broken so maybe with some plugin... I can tell you the tools i had with me and you can check if what i had is the same as what the player has stored somewhere. I mean, he even talked with me in chat and i was really heated at that time. He was talking about how pvp is allowed, there's nothing in the rules against it so.. I mean, it's not just because of the items. I really don't care about the items, i can just make more it's just annoying. The thing is why isn't a pvp toggle active?? 

1 minute ago, QuartzWitch said:

A higher admin will respond.  Please tell what you lost and who killed you.  FYI follow link to go to the correct forum.

My bad, wasn't managing to find the infinity evolved forums so i just assumed general discussion was where everything was handled. I also only saw Minecraft help and i thought that was more of a guidance through the modpacks. Thanks for the help.

i went ahead and moved this post to the correct zone, unfortunately there is nothing we can do because PVP is allowed and stealing is only considered towards stealing from something that is protected and or claimed as in land or blocks, not the actual person. by the server saying that it is a PVP server, it is assumed that the player understands the risks and rewards of going into a zone where they could be killed and looted. as for the rules, all rules on all the modded servers are actually the same now, just @brunyman has not added it to the forums for each server. the only way you could be refunded is if the other player cheated in some way which it does not look like he has. you're luck is just unfortunate. sorry for any inconvenience you may have experinced

Archived