Is Tekkit Server is lagging? Tell us what you think!

brunyman

tekkit lag  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tekkit Server lagging badly sometime?

• Yes, the server is laggy for me most of the time.
    • Yes, the server is laggy sometime but works fine most of the time.
    • No, for me it''s not lagging.

• Founder

Hello, 

I got a lot of complaints that sometime the connection to our Tekkit Server is laggy, not always but sometimes or specific hours is bad. I need to know how many of you felt the lag and how bad it was, this is important because based on this vote pool we may decide to move the server to another datacenter. The server right now is hosted in USA - St. Louis, MO , if we are going to change the datacenter we are going to move it to Canada as we may have better infrastructure there, but keep the server close to USA. I also got complaints from players in USA about the lag, and when I checked the server was not lagging so the only issue was the connection. If you want to give us more feedback please post here your location and if it was lagging.

Please vote and let us know what to do next. Thanks.

Note that moving the server does not mean that we will need to WIPE, the server will be moved as it is.

19 hours ago, icedfrappuccino said:

I found the place where the lag is..

'musM2p9.jpg

Now this next image is outside of his base 1000+ blocks away:

2S7dcEw.png

They're referring to connection lag, not fps lag. Fps has to do with your graphic rendering power. Connection has to do with the internet. 

Anyway, I'm in Orlando, Florida and it always works perfectly for me. Anytime I'm on, it's always fine. 

On 2/24/2017 at 3:39 PM, brunyman said:

Changing the datacenter will not help you get better FPS, there is something laggy built there

I know not FPS lag but im getting connection lag. When I and most people login you fall in to void but thats just server lag. You may not need to switch hosts but you may want to upgrade your plan... 

• Founder
16 hours ago, icedfrappuccino said:

I know not FPS lag but im getting connection lag. When I and most people login you fall in to void but thats just server lag. You may not need to switch hosts but you may want to upgrade your plan... 

This is a Dedicated Server, it cannot be upgraded, there is no plan, it's a computer rented.

And just changing the dedicated server will still get us the same connection speed:

Port speed:    1 Gbit/s

Bandwidth guaranteed:  300 Mbit/s

External Connections:  550 Gbit/s

• Founder

Ok, I have requested the cancellation of the existing dedicated server renting contract, it will end on 24 March, 1 week before I will look into other dedicated hosting possibilities in US Continent and start re-configuring and moving data on the new server.

• 3 weeks later...

2 months ago I had an ADSL modem with a bitrate of 10 Mb/s and it was extremly laggy. Then I've upgraded to a VDSL router with a bitrate of 54 Mb/s and there are just sometimes blocks apearing again after mined. Also, when I had the old modem, I used a proxy which was given me by GravityCube and it worked well with it. Unfortuneatly, the proxy is now for the Sky Factory server.

EDIT: Well, now the connection is terrible (2800 ms is the best I get right now). And the server says 0/80 player are on, so others have the problem too.

EDIT2: Now it says "Maintenance in progress". Maybe that was the problem (350 ms).

EDIT3: I get time outs very often... 2 months ago I rarely even got any. I think the server needs a better internet connection. What connection does it have now?

• brunyman locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived