[MineFactoryReloaded] Harvester Range Bug

Beh

Today my friend encountered a bug where a harvester, with the tin upgrade which gives it +2 range on each sides meaning it should be 5x5, started taking out trees that are far beyond its reach, the ending result was that it destroyed our witchery altar area.Can you @brunyman look in to it please?

I made the post here so other players know about it and to be careful with it.

Tin upgrades actually cause harvesters to become a 7x7 area of effect. They start out as 3x3, and since they add 2 to all sides, that makes 3+2+2 on each side. It is much easier to see the area of effect when you are holding a precision sledgehammer. For a 5x5 area of effect, you want a lapis upgrade, since it adds only 1 to each side (3+1+1=5). I believe the issue here is how minefactory reloaded works. 

I made a helpful little diagram: eShYf8T.png

It goes as far as 15-20 blocks when it should only be 5 with the said upgrade.

I even checked with the hammer, the range of it looks perfectly fine visualy, but it goes over the border that the hammer is showing, like x4 more.

Same thing Quagma, few blocks makes no change, its still goes far out, I will show you.

leaves are removed far away from the "range"(because it removes connected leaves), that is known for versions. But that only with leaves not with the wood blocks itself. if it removes also the wood block then there is something wrong

It's detecting trees (leaves connected to logs), and it does go a bit aways from the range because trees often grow too large to be contained in the range. If it hangs over too close, it is likely to be detected by the harvester as a "tree of interest" and it will cut it down even though it is not supposed to be in it's range. The suggested method to avoid this is to move your harvester elsewhere.

Archived