Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Update Banned Item Sticky Thread

pand1024

I've been having a problem on the server where I spend a bunch of time to get a cool thing only to find out that it's banned. Before launching into a big long project I generally check the "[Skyfactory] Restricted Items List" sticky thread, but this has not helped in several cases. Below I've listed some of the stuff I've personally found, but I want to emphasis that I don't think this is a comprehensive list but merely examples of stuff that was missed. If someone with access to the server config would be willing to update the banned item list to make it comprehensive I would appreciate it.

Examples:
Wand Focus: Nine Hells - This is a mid game item that requires infusion. You don't find out that it's banned until you try to pickup the finished item from the infusion altar.
Travelers Belt - You find out this is banned when you go to craft it after you have already cast all the pieces for it.
Filled Chalice - After completing a complicated multi-step brewing process you find that you cannot fill the chalice. I have had multiple staff members express that they think this is a mistake and that it has something to do with meta data? This item is important because it can significantly improve your altar power, which is one of the central resources in witchery.
Spirit World - This was the most disappointing one for me. After lot's of preparation: reading guide, watching videos, testing in single player, making the needed items. I drank the potion of sleeping and nothing happened. I assume this is because the spirit world is banned. The fact that wispy cotton and disturbed cotton are sold in spawn also suggested that going to the spirit world is disabled. However I can't find anywhere that tells players that the spirit world isn't allowed. This means anyone who gets far enough in witchery to venture into the spirit world is in for some disappointment.
Unknown Item - I'm worried about investing item when I don't know what's banned. It would be nice if the items I've listed were added to the list but it would be much better if the ones I didn't list were added.

Other:
Chicken Chunk Loader - The description appears to be incorrect. It's unclear to me what the actual server configuration is. Is there any difference between chunk loaders and spot loaders? They both have radius 1 but some servers are configured so that chunk loaders stay loaded when you log off but spot loaders are not.
Hungry Hand Mirror - In the thread below Henkekalmar talked about testing this item to see if it was safe to make available. I'd love to find out if that is the case.
http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/19884-random-questions-i-couldnt-find-answers-to/

3 hours ago, pand1024 said:

Wand Focus: Nine Hells - This is a mid game item that requires infusion. You don't find out that it's banned until you try to pickup the finished item from the infusion altar.

The focus was banned because it could be used in spawn and other protected area to kill players. None the less, i'll talk with a higherup on adding it to the banned list.

Travelers Belt - You find out this is banned when you go to craft it after you have already cast all the pieces for it.

I'm not sure why would you classify this as a big long project since it's really simple to make. It was banned for some very popular dupe bugs.

Filled Chalice - After completing a complicated multi-step brewing process you find that you cannot fill the chalice. I have had multiple staff members express that they think this is a mistake and that it has something to do with meta data? This item is important because it can significantly improve your altar power, which is one of the central resources in witchery.

Yes, I do think it's a mistake aswell but I never mentioned it had something to do with the meta data. The best logical reason I can find is that a Global Dupe bug was found on other modpack servers and the ID 6063;2 was the ID of the machine. However, on skyfactory it was the ID of the filled chalice. Hence it was banned accidentally. I'll talk with Skilande/Brunyman in unbanning this item as I couldn't find anything related to dupes/exploits when researching about this chalice.

Spirit World - This was the most disappointing one for me. After lot's of preparation: reading guide, watching videos, testing in single player, making the needed items. I drank the potion of sleeping and nothing happened. I assume this is because the spirit world is banned. The fact that wispy cotton and disturbed cotton are sold in spawn also suggested that going to the spirit world is disabled. However I can't find anywhere that tells players that the spirit world isn't allowed. This means anyone who gets far enough in witchery to venture into the spirit world is in for some disappointment.

Upon looking further into this issue, it seems that the spirit world caused crashes whenever a player died in the dimension. Brunyman couldn't fix this as the witchery source code wasn't public. Hence it was disabled and the required stuff from spirit world is sold at spawn now. Read more here: http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/16081-exiting-the-dream-world-crashes-the-server-ign-atricos/#comment-93541

Unknown Item - I'm worried about investing item when I don't know what's banned. It would be nice if the items I've listed were added to the list but it would be much better if the ones I didn't list were added.

As I said above, i'll talk to the Assistant Manager about properly adding these items now. Thank you for pointing this out.

Other:
Chicken Chunk Loader - The description appears to be incorrect. It's unclear to me what the actual server configuration is. Is there any difference between chunk loaders and spot loaders? They both have radius 1 but some servers are configured so that chunk loaders stay loaded when you log off but spot loaders are not.

Basically there are three available chunk loaders on the server

1. Spot Loader - You can only place a maximum ammount of 15 before some of the stop functioning.
  2. Chicken Chunks Chunkloader - This one is enabled but disappears after restart. I've seen some bases with these still around but that's probably because of unloaded chunks before restart.
  3. MFR Chunkloader - The maximum range you can set this to is 1 (3x3 chunk area). Any more and it won't function like intended.

Hungry Hand Mirror - In the thread below Henkekalmar talked about testing this item to see if it was safe to make available. I'd love to find out if that is the case.
http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/19884-random-questions-i-couldnt-find-answers-to/

Can't craft this in singleplayer even. The Automagy mod probably has a WIP build of the hungry hand mirror hence you can't craft it (Much like the wireless connectors) or that the Modpack Maker disabled it. We'll talk about the price etc and add it into the shop if possible.

Thanks.

Archived