[DW1.10]MinimumPrices

Cajun_Turk

The auction plugin and the player market, in general, is destroying the servers economy so I would propose a solution to this dilemma. Set a minimum price of which items should be sold at. Recently I was able to buy 64 nether stars for 70 dollars and that isn't that good. People who just joined can get late game materials with the money they started off with and is ruining the flow and progression of the game. There should be a set price for everything for objects commonly sold to avoid early players from gaining materials for late game at the starting stage of the game. Breaking this set wage would result in a warning and a new rule may have to be incorporated to for such a punishment. Now, this punishment isn't just for DW20, this could apply through out all modded servers to control the server market and stop players from progressing too far with ludicrously low prices for late game items. However, I am against setting the minimum price equal to the admin shop because those prices are ridiculously high. Over all, I am simply suggesting that the server has a little more control over the player market to avoid fast progression and an unstable economy.

Proof of low prices for late game objects

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3ece5bk8nsc3we/Minimum price.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t8k9m4u4l099fh/2017-08-26_10.53.01.png?dl=0

I tried to increase price of items in SF but just got hate from some people.  I tried to think of a way to fix in-game economy. 

Remove auction and open anonymous market(which will make people very angry) or make some key element items(end crystals, uranium dimlet, ME controllers) only buyable from spawn market at high price(which will make people start selling things at higher price but will cause Inflation, also not good for economy in long term, please don't hate me)

As you can see both methods are too harsh or tyrannical. 

Only soft method is command similar to mute that can revoke right to auction for certain amount of time if someone auction items for super cheap. I don't know if such command is even possible.

What are your thoughts?

I've seen other servers get away with having a thread stating the minimum prices for objects and it seemed that it was working. All objects were reasonably priced for the time of the game of which you could get them. I strongly agree that auction needs to go. Selling chaos shards for this cheap is just terrible. At this rate chaos shards and even late game items will be easily accessible to noobs and there will be zero progression on this server. One thing that I think would really help is having a player market of which players can build shops that way it would be easy to check if prices are too low, while still providing a relatively free market. There is really no fast solution for this situation, but something has to be done about this.

So problem is that people place their bid with such a small difference like 0.01$ difference. While this thing happens, chat gets spammed hard and cannot see actual chat. 

We would like you to adjust minimum bid difference to prevent/stop this serious spamming issue. Auction is quite useful for now since we don't have player's market now. Disabling auction system is not a good way to solve this in my opinion.

I know that Market plugin from SF is from bukkit and DW20 1.10 is using Sponge. But while browsing through Sponge I think I saw a plugin called "Pore" that allows you run Bukkit plugins on Sponge. I have limited knowledge but that looked promising to me.

• Founder

yes, here:  https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/pore-a-bukkit-sponge-bridge/1663

But problem is this:  2016/04/19: We're officially discontinuing the project.

Anyway, at start they were coding sponge a bit similar to spigot/bukkit, but not long they changed it and made it more similar to forge mod coding, so now the platforms are very different

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a far-fetched idea to fix the server economy reduce the rate of which you gain money. Voting only give you 20, have less special events, reduce the amount of money donator get by 75%, and if you purchase money from the online store you get much less. This should stabilize eventually but will cause a little instability. Now for the people who already have tons of money, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I think we should cut all accounts by 75%. On top of making money harder to get, allow a player market plugin, and set rules for the certain price of objects. Such as enderium blocks costing 100. Get rid of the auction plugin, and maybe /pay for player markets. That way it's easier to monitor the market of the prices of which it is being sold. Then make player shops cost money such as 5k per a week or so that way there is always a purpose to spend money. Now price per shop could vary based on how many chunks it takes up, thus increasing the weekly pay for the maintenance. I know there are plugins for this I just don't know if they are available in 1.10. If the player fails to pay the weekly fee the shop will be closed and they have a week notice to pay up with 20% interest or their shop will be destroyed as with the items in it. This way it prevents inactive players from creating shops and leaving them to ruin. Now this economic reformation plan will be unpopular for sure, but from my 4 years of playing modded Minecraft, I am pretty sure this will fix the economy. I'd suggest doing this for the next dw20 wipe to prepare everyone for the incoming reconstruction, but first, cut all the money gain from buying it from the craftersland store or donator ranks. This way people won't stockpile money. Now I don't know the legality of cutting peoples money in game and not giving them what they were shown. However, next wipe for each modded server every players bal should be wiped to prevent player buying everything to get to end game. 

Archived