"Creative" item made in survival... banned from economy and can't give or trade items?

Direwolf20

https://forum.craftersland.net/topic/19899-rule-4-question/

https://forum.craftersland.net/topic/21380-definite-ruleslist-of-marketable-items-request/

These posts say we can trade items until / if we made "creative" items in name only.  Just wondering if this is still true, because lots of players think it makes it pointless to make those items as the point of the endgame, because it causes negative effects.

So I suggest that we change the way we interpret that rule, as these items are creative in name only and should be part of the survival game play as intended by the modpack, without having some negative effects.

If we don't change it, I suggest add that clause to the official rules as it is unclear and you can't expect the players to find these posts.  A lot of times they go around not knowing these hidden details because when I tell them they are surprised and angry.

Yes, it's still true. This is because there is still no way to distinguish from legit creative and spawned creative, among others. For example, using creative items to make cheap money. Crafting a creative and using it is exactly the same as spawning one in and using it, and so therefore the restrictions remain the same. It's currently in the process of being added to the rules more clearly. 

I think the reasoning is that these items are craftable in survival mode.  They ARE hard to make.  If you think about it, crafting one is much different than spawning it, because it is legit made and with extreme difficulty.  The reasoning of my fellow player is "I made it, I stayed days crafting it then why can't use it for my profit."

And that everything made legit (especially the iconic best items of the modpack) should be able to be sold and not punish the player for getting there.

You also know the rule that you're not allowed to do drop parties and "boost" players? That's also the reason why we tell you- and others- to pick a more suitable price when autctioning stuff, instead of $1 per inventory.

The same way is with the creative items, we consider it too large of a boost for any player starting off since it's the absolute endgame - and we don't want those who have beaten the modpack to just toss energy cells all over the place as if it was cookies. Since it's a creative item no suitable price limit would make sense on this- and as it is a creative item we then think it's fair to rule them under the same rule as other creative items.

No, the opinion on this has not changed since those posts you put in the original post. 

1. By that logic, there would be no suitable recipe for the creative item.  However there is; the mod pack authors themselves disagree with the claim that they are worth infinite money.  They already helped us out: the worth of the creative cell in particular, is the sum of its parts and processing costs as set by the mod pack creators.
  2. This talk about tossing around them like cookies and charging 1$ is laughable: everyone knows already they are super hard to make, and no one would charge ONE DOLLAR for one of the best items in the game.
  3. The bigger problem is, again, making one, and then not being able to trade for example wheat, or terrasteel.  These items don't magically lose their value because you essentially crafted an expensive generator.
  4. There is a way to tell between legit creative and spawned creative as well.  It's called looking at their base to see them make it over time, have all the machines, etc.  If there is no creative tag, or even creative players, it's more easy.  Hell you could make it a requirement to be present when they make it if you are very paranoid it's not spawned in and make a list of players that made them.
  5. Finally the value of one export made from a creative item can be controlled by economy restrictions like it already is.  For example if you make lots of Terrasteel with guilty pool you can't sell it for 1$.  Already is like that for normal terrasteel, why would this change?  Terrasteel is not worth infinite money, neither is any liquid export.  The value of being able to get lots of these resources is low and more a convenience.  The value of a creative cell, 600000 rf/t, is easily quantifiable by the power produced solely, not infinite.  Think about it this way, what would you be able to do with 1 million terrasteel?  The answer is nothing, because the value is in all your machines, buildings, experience playing and base not 1 resource.  Would reiterate that this does much more to punish part of the game (the endgame!) than to have any legit reason to be restricted presented heretofore.
  6. No downside to having "cheap" money (lmao really we are talking about the hardest to craft items here).  If the prices are not too low, it just makes the market more full and more players voting / reviewing.  Take Skyfactory for example, players have more than 1 million dollars and it has, according to Henk, the best community in Craftersland

This is true. "We cant sell items just because we made them with creative items", do you know how much time requires making one creative item? from the start to the making of one a whole month has passed, its like if i make a farm of wheat i cant benefit from it because the seed grows too fast than the real time. i suggest to change or delete that rule because its useless. We should do what we want in the server, if there is the crafting for the creative items why cant we use them?

You were already told the reason why it's not allowed, multiple times. If you want to play with economy, you have to get rid of your creative items and start over. If you can't accept it, then it's too bad. This isn't a new thing, it's been around practically for months. However, it hasn't been enforced very well, which is why we are getting stricter on it now. As i said earlier, we are currently in the process of implement it better into the rules. We have very good reasons for this, and if you don't like it, it's on you. Topic closed before you drag even more people who haven't read the whole post in and confuse them.

Do not make more topics like this, or another one with this same topic.

• quagma locked this topic

Archived