Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Cursed earth in challenge rewards

Lancelot

In most cases beginners mobfarms without cursed earth does not work on SkyFactory server. Therefore there is not easy way for player on new island to get any mobs drops. Without help from some other advanced player it is not possible to make working mobfarm. Also cursed earth is not available to buy from spawn shop either. That is why i would suggest to include cursed earth as reward for one of lowest tier challenge (in first row) as reward. Since in first row there is not available empty slot to add new challenge I suggest to change reward for last challenge in that row from diamond to cursed earth. And/Or you could add cursed earth to spawn shop because when I restart island my challenges does not get reseted.

maybe 200-300$ since you only need one to spread with a watering can

maybe also add a warning to the challenge reward collection page, warning the player that cursed earth and direct sunlight do not mix. Many new players do not know of this so it may be a good idea to warn them. as well as letting them know what the block does exactly so to negate any "mishaps" 

Why not add a custom crafting recipe for it?

items that are available to purchase at spawn?

maybe a spawn egg of any kind and dirt?

because on the first tier of challenges, you get spawn eggs for farming.

also this makes it pretty easy to make, but limits how many a player can make, and they have to work for it.

as spawn eggs aren't easy to come by, without purchasing. 

I do not think it should be very laborious  to get cursed earth. In single player you just make your first modplatform with planks and it works. Normally it is  built to get your bone for making crucible for lava and later you make cobble generator. Mob farm is usually first thing i do after making barrels in single player. On server I have to sieve lot of dust to get enough bonemeal  for crucible. (of course with challenges we can make cobble gen really fast, but most newcommers do not know they can use challenges. Farming challenge is too laborious i think. Even getting your first diamond is not that fast unless you have luck while sifting.

I would suggest to sell 4 cursed earth at once in shop as many players try to build they mobfarm with  4 section of spawning area. As for price for cursed earth in shop it could be pretty much anything as all players need it so they will buy.  I would suggest $50 for 4 cursed earth just because it is so much needed for new island. If you want you can go as high as $200 in which case I think much more newcomers will try to buy from other player rather then from shop.

Archived