Tagging of staff and bumping threads

Voodoo

Hello,

I just thought i'd voice my opinion here, i see a lot of posts on the forums, and a lot of them are pointless.

When someone tags in staff to a pointless post, they're wasting that staff members time, when someone else could easily solve that issue.

Most staff will see most, if not all posts on the forums eventually, so there is no reason for anyone to tag in staff members, unless they're staff themselves.

I might suggest warnings be handed out to high offenders, as it's taking the importance away from being tagged into a post.

Also 'bumping' a post is completely pointless, as an 'unbumped' post is just as likely to be seen as a post that's been 'bumped' 100 times, just sit back and wait.

In my opinion, 'bumping' a post shouldn't be tolerated.  

They are just crowding the forums with pointless posts. 

I know i may sound a bit of a hypocrite to some, looking back i've 'bumped' a few posts myself, but i was new to the forums, and didn't realize the scope of it all. 

And i've reformed from my 'bumping' days of past.  Looking back-- i've come to realize how useless it is, and how even more frustrating it must be for the players, to see a topic that's been 'bumped' a thousand times, be dealt with after one that's never been 'bumped'.   There's no need for 'bumping'. 

Thoughts?

Voodoo

Bumping isnt totally useless. Recently updated posts appear on right side of screen to me. Sometimes what we find pointless or obvious is confusing to new people(I certainly had few dumb posts when I started).

And there is already rule of bumping only once a 48 hours, and if they use it too much moderators take an action.

I think it is okey to keep it how it is.

I agree with Virtmo on the case of bumping, and as do you now ;-)

As for the tagging,.. well, in the case of bruny or powerwarp I see it pointless as it just causes them more spam and irritation probably. - However for myself I do not mind being tagged in topics if they are urgent, not like refund requests- but I mean more like " Henk hurry, someone is givign away creative items "

Sure, refund requests are important too and I check for them multiple times a day- but if I ever wish to do something other than refund requests it's best to do them in bulk :P - And that's also why Bruny has maintenance days, saves him time to do it in bulk.

(However tagging @staff on discord is different, since it tags everyone, I don't see the point in that.)

Agree with Henk, refund requests are done regularly even without tags and I don't mind tagging staff in other important topics like bug, exploit report or complaints. But anything becomes annoying if done excessively. 

Just keep it moderate and and use template. Staff will see it and get to you when you they aren't busy. ;)

You'll notice most of the bumping happens in the Network category. It's usually tech support threads which are left unanswered for months. Only bruny -maybe Power too sometimes- can do those, so people keep bumping their topics, hoping management will notice them. Essentially it doesn't really help; as I keep telling them, bruny is just not doing network right now. 

I'm not against bumping or tagging staff in posts so long as it doesn't go on for days on end and is only used to catch a staff member's attention when necessary. 

Archived