Towny + CC Ideas

FluffyStonerBear

Hey there!

Im in need of some help as I cant find this on the internet...:

1. Can this Towny version have tax on its residents? Or is it all voluntairy?
  2. Is it possible to integrate towny commands in CC scripts? Or is a commandblock CC one needed for that? (example: getting invited into town without me being online or make a tax system with cc)

Thanks for reading!

After some thought I still cant find any proper solution to my problem/idea:

I wish that players are able to "buy" energy/water/lava supply, like

/pay Madjokez 100

And that in return CC turns on the supply for that plot. But CC cant use any commands, so they cant check if I got more $ or the town, if at all ;) 
So... my idea so far, make a townshop where "energy exchange" items are sold. An item with a id that only can reproduced by me for example, like a key used on a specific door. Ofcourse that item has no worth to anyone except for my CC, which detects it when its turned in, and opens up the supply for the bought time (item could be x amount of time).

What I seek now:
Some way to interact with funds through CC
or
Be able to create an player unique id item, that I can sell on a market.

Greetings!

Not possible, sorry.

I looked into this long before I became staff, I wanted to make a player market place using Computercraft. The only way we saw that as being possible is by having me manually recieve the money and then moving it to a virtual currency in the system. A 1:1 convertion, however this was also challenging and wouldn’t help you, as you want it to be a one time payment, besides this also broke against our Computercraft rule. As you are not allowed to have a database of players or staff of any kind. 

We never finished our project.

Should I find a way with unique id's, is it allowed to have a database about the plots? (example: Plot3 has payed and 3hours remaining power or something like that). Just to be sure, else I can discard this project rightnow :S

Because maybe i'll go the manual way, still want to try the idea of having a computer outside each plot to manage energy flows. And if its not allowed either for plots...

Any other fun ideas are welcomed! I'm now mostly seeking something fun to program, because i finished my irl coding project ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived