Swimsam1

Okay well I would like to say what I have to say is not because of what just I have experienced but also what I have seen. I joined this server a good year ago near the last few months of before the wipe. I loved it! the community the staff. Shout out to belgarufo for instantly helping me get back on my feet. I joined a clan called G.corp to support and help me thrive great guys. shout out to G.corp. I always never made good decisions though and that is why i can relate to messing up. Then the wipe came(which at first not in favor of but i warmed up to it. But i started to see irregularity's. this is were i bring up the problem. If a girl in the hall Drops her books I can help her but i might not get to class. See what happens there Its Human Kindness. I didn't have to do it but it was a general good thing to do. Back to the point I started seeing irregularity's such as Regular players slowly coming back on and the tekkit i knew and loved slowly started going away. I thought Well that just what happens and i moved on BUT then I had a opportunity to join staff and when i did it was a TOTAL shit show( no offence. I admit i was terrible at staff) but the whole system is flawed the helkper recute program then i met henk ( IM VERY BIAS) if you cant tell. I generally didnt like there way of managing staff they were to strict. And I know thats how the world works but when it drives awsy player a whole clan, Its gone to far. I know for a fact you have been messaged by many and responded to Dumblore about this but nothing happend... that was 8 weeks ago.

My predictions to what will happen next

1. Nothing will happen a GM will make a comment then end this post. and this continues 

2. You will Respond say you will look into but nothing will change

3. Henk or skilande or another GM will bring up something bad that ive done in their response WHICH IM 90% SURE they will make one then end the post ( if so i will say told you so and nothing else)

4. You Do something about it

Post #2: In conclusion that went really well a lot of people chimes in but as I said brunyman without hearing us though they shit down the post killing half of our mob 

Your predictions are correct, good job :P.

Let's dissect this 1 by 1 then

2 hours ago, Swimsam777 said:

Okay well I would like to say what I have to say is not because of what just I have experienced but also what I have seen. I joined this server a good year ago near the last few months of before the wipe. I loved it! the community the staff. Shout out to belgarufo for instantly helping me get back on my feet. I joined a clan called G.corp to support and help me thrive great guys. shout out to G.corp.

Thanks for complimenting belgarufo while you wrote this post, he has been a pretty patient staff member ever since I saw him staff on Tekkit. Reminds me a lot about Lancelot aswell, how they both usually work behind the scenes while still being known as some of the kindest staff members due to their highly forgiving side but there are some flaws of being too forgiving unfortunately. You will meet some people who will back-stab you and still break the rules behind the scenes, while being innocent when they get caught in-front of you. Also, good job in shouting out the clan you used to be in, hopefully you had some great memories in G-Corp no matter what you did on the server, though appreciating belg and your clan doesn't really fit well with a forum title with the name of "REVOLUTION". Just a personal opinion, a topic with a title of "Improvements for the community" would've fitted much better.

I always never made good decisions though and that is why i can relate to messing up.

Doesn't really matter a lot, if someone ever made a mistake and broke a rule on the server I staff on. I straight away follow the rules and carry out the punishments. This is what the rest of the staff are taught aswell, you must've read this in the mentoring guides. Sure, if someone really tilted me a lot, I'd ignore them and wouldn't want to engage in a conversation with them, but after a while, we're more or less friends after that point (except a few special cases who really wanted to hold a grudge on me forever). If you're worried on how the some staff members still hate you for what your actions were, give it some time and then afterwards try to do things to repent for what you did in the past. Sounds more or less what a person would do in a TV Show but that's the truth in coming on good terms with them again. Albeit for some people it'll take a while but it's never an infinite time period. Just keep on trying.

Then the wipe came(which at first not in favor of but i warmed up to it. But i started to see irregularity's. this is were i bring up the problem. If a girl in the hall Drops her books I can help her but i might not get to class. See what happens there Its Human Kindness. I didn't have to do it but it was a general good thing to do.

Looks like you also experienced one of the issues of being too kind. Not everyone's perfect and someone can't do everything in time. These are not wise-words-said-by-xyz at this point, this is reality which you have to face in every part of life. Look for a solution, if you can't find it, keep on trying, if you still can't find it, ask others for input. Only give up the issue once there's no logical solution to satisfy both sides.

Back to the point I started seeing irregularity's such as Regular players slowly coming back on and the tekkit i knew and loved slowly started going away. I thought Well that just what happens and i moved on

That's something you need to expect honestly, no matter what the situation is, you will see regular players leaving after some time. Each of them have their personal issues, boredom, hatred, personal issues. I've seen it happen way too often with the group of friends I've been with, it's something you just have to deal with at this point but, there will be times when those old players will join for some time just to have fun and that's when you'll feel happiness. True happiness as a matter of fact :).

BUT then I had a opportunity to join staff and when i did it was a TOTAL shit show( no offence. I admit i was terrible at staff) but the whole system is flawed the helkper recute program

Don't worry, Tekkit has been more or less a very cursing community in the past. There were no proper rule enforcements for swearing and each staff had his vague limit of swearing/racism on each issue without any coordination with other staff members. That's why you've seen a lot of people swearing on Tekkit compared to other servers. It's just like a virus or bacteria, if you don't end it quickly, it'll spread and become worse overtime and this is what the previous batches of staff left for us to handle, which we have finally taken the responsibility to fix it and restore it to a community which wouldn't involve swearing as a start and if possible, make Tekkit a non-toxic community in terms of swearing/racism etc.

If you have admitted that you were terrible as being a staff member then you should have realized the mistakes you made. From this point on, no matter who else says something on this subject, go and improve yourself, fix the mistakes which made your resignation as a staff member possible, improve on the relations you have with other staff members and finally, try to be honest with others. If you can be honest with others then the rest of the good deeds will follow you gradually.

Regarding the whole system being flawed, we are open to suggestions on this, though I would much rather prefer you making another topic about this so that more than 1 subject doesn't get mixed up per topic. Just a pointer, don't let your hate overcome you when you'll make that topic, things more or less never end up the way you want to then. This isn't a threat honestly, it's an advice which I've witnessed myself in the past.

then i met henk ( IM VERY BIAS) if you cant tell. I generally didnt like there way of managing staff they were to strict.

I'll agree to you on one thing, which other staff have done aswell. Yes, henk is strict. Almost to the point where you would think that blocking him and sleeping throughout the whole day would be a good option for the whole day. But he isn't always like that, you'll only see him like that if you've messed something up and aren't willing to fix the errors you made. Read up a few paragraphs of what I wrote, I didn't say that just because that's the thing I expect people to do regardless of what I've done in the past, I did the same thing when henk got mad at me for refunding players (the details are a bit private though, sorry :P.)

So from the information I've read was that henk has been way too strict on the issues which could've been solved with a much softer attitude right? That's where you're going to run into an issue unfortunately, henk's still blunt at this position because we are fine with it. His attitude's one of the base pillars of the staff team which has fixed many each staff's personal issues in the past. The way you approached to his strictness was the problem. He doesn't tell you off because he wants you to get rid of you as a staff member, he's giving you a chance to improve yourself before it gets too late to the point where you're doing something wrong where you're consciously thinking is right. This is what the past staff had messed up in, there wasn't anyone to tell them that they were getting too lenient with punishments, acting immature etc. Even though it may seem a bit contradictory for me to say strictness is the proper way to go with these situations, but for situations with henk, it's allowed and it reminds others to not repeat the same mistake they have done in the past and henk's the only person we've acknowledged this strictness to take place so don't worry that there might be helpers acting just the same way as him, he himself tells you at some point that his strictness attitude isn't something which you should opt in your attitude of staffing since it'll never bring a positive environment to the Tekkit server which he's trying so hard for. Yes, I'm going to say this bluntly, you will feel like he hates you for what you did but just follow the advice I said above, being one of the closest people to him, you'll see the change in his attitude towards you quite significantly, to the point where you'd think that he's a completely different person.

And I know thats how the world works but when it drives awsy player a whole clan, Its gone to far.

From reading this, and what Dumblore said in discord, looks like G-Corp left after some issues with staff presumably a while ago. Give it some time, whatever Dumblore did, i'm sure there will be a point when the staff wouldn't be critical with them and they can turn over a new leaf after talking about the issues in between them. Dumblore himself said that he wants to leave the server peacefully and if that's what he wants, I dont wan't to bring him nor his clan to what just happened yesterday and today. As I said before, you will experience issues like these in every community you go to, no one will hang around forever. Heck, you guys may find another game which you enjoy playing together. If you're willing to accept your mistakes and looking forward to fixing your mistakes, then I'm sure everyone will be willing to give you another chance. 

I know for a fact you have been messaged by many and responded to Dumblore about this but nothing happend... that was 8 weeks ago.

Admittedly, brunyman's one of the hardest people to get in contact to in this community that I know of. I'm one of the few who has frequent PM's with him but even for me it's a bit hard to contact him for a reply. I tried my best for having him solve and reply some easy network issues as a start which was going as planned, and then later on asking him to fix the CTW wool bug, but after seeing Isma's and Wolf's disrespectful attitude in this whole situation, I told terminator that I wouldn't bother brunyman with network issues anymore while Skyfactory 3 is in progress. Network's time is going to come after Skyfactory 3 and that's that. That's the current conversation I had, not willing to discuss others unfortunately as they come more or less under Staff Information. These PM's alone usually take days to even come to a conclusion. Even contacting him on discord will almost never get you a reply from him because well... he admitted it himself. Can't really do anything about that, he has a job and a family to take care of, it's amazing how he still manages so much time for technical support after these 6 years of handling this community. 

Just remember these words said by me, not everything will go as you'd like it, there will be times where mistakes have been made, learn to accept them and improve upon them. When that time comes, that's when you'll be able to fully understand as to why I wrote all of this in the first place :P. 
I removed the verbal warning point given to you, just as one last chance for you to change and improve upon yourself. If you need advice on anything, you can send me a PM on discord, or if you're not willing to, be sure to discuss it with your friend to come up with a solution.

Archived