Random Chunks Rolling Back

arazadaz

So, this is probably going to be the most interesting bug you've heard about recently, but let me explain it.

Sometimes, random chunks, will rollback to like 5 minutes ago, literally random chunks. It is good and bad.

For example: I'll be digging an area out, leave, come back, one entire area will go back to before being dug out, but the rest will be dug out. It also has costed me some machinery as I'll place a machine down, and then come back to it missing. This isn't someone greifing. It is literally rolling back to how it was before to the exact pixel. However, it has also benefited me, but only once as I was crafting reactor frames, crafted them, used all the resources in the table, placed the blocks, came back, resources were there again, but most of the time it resets my progress. 

If it matters, I took the frames only because of the problems it has caused me earlier, but if you wish to confiscate them, it was two reactor frame blocks -_-. Not much to even worry about, but none the less it was duped even if it was by mistake.

Another thing, is it may be triggered by something, but as far as I know, this is completely random, but has happened to me multiple times already, over multiple days, but I wouldn't say it to be common either..

I'm not sure, but it happened to me again twice today, and I asked a friend about it, but they said that they only had it happen to them once.

It is actually getting very intrusive as i've now lost 50 tiny piles of plutonium and a bit of uranium due to it which is annoying to a good extent to get.

According to chat about everyone is affected to some degree.

I haven't heard of full chunk rollbacks, but block and tile entity rollbacks is fairly common. Also tile entities messing up and people having to replace machines or cables happens on a daily basis.

Imo there is a major bug while saving on the Craftersland servers. I never heard of such issues on other servers running the same modpack.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually it happened to me 2 days ago, half of my base got rolled back 1 day. The funny thing is that the chunks that got rolled back were the ones that i did some work in them. It's very annoying to remake all of your work when something like this happens.

Archived