SkyFactory 3 Server improvements and fixes!

brunyman

• Founder

HBUj49t.png&key=44e5fe21830acac58adfa071

We had a lot if issues since we opened the SkyFactory 3 server, from crashes to lag. Since then we did a lot of testing and patching to try to fix as much as we can and reduce lag. 

We patched 15 mods so far for crash issues and performance improvements to get the lag as low as possible. The Sponge platform being young is still not that great in tools to optimize server performance so we had to do it the hard way and more time consuming.

Even so we may need to do further patches and adjustment but right now we need to test and stress the current setup to see if it was effective and what else needs to be done. I know traffic went low last weeks and it will be nice to get at least 30 players on to give it a test.

Here is a list of mods patched for crashes and lag, I will not include a detailed change log for each mod:

• Botania
  • ChickenChunks
  • ColossalChests
  • Draconic-Evolution
  • EnderIO
  • extrautils2
  • ImmersiveEngineering
  • jei
  • Morpheus
  • refinedstorage
  • rftools
  • rftoolsdim
  • SolarFluxReborn
  • TConstruct
  • Translocators

I hope that all the time spent on these improvements did make a difference and seeing happy players will make all that worth it. Thanks!

A new issue has arisen.

People who are using auto-crafting computers and other ways to mass produce are causing alot of people to get angry because they are timing out.

This is getting old for myself included as the people doing it don't care and talk down on others who are complaining and asking them to stop. This has been going on for 3 days in a row during the early morning hours US time.

Please fix this issue!!!

9 hours ago, SephiroMystiere said:

A new issue has arisen.

People who are using auto-crafting computers and other ways to mass produce are causing alot of people to get angry because they are timing out.

This is getting old for myself included as the people doing it don't care and talk down on others who are complaining and asking them to stop. This has been going on for 3 days in a row during the early morning hours US time.

Please fix this issue!!!

This has been a long going issue before patch and they cannot fix the issue report to the mod developer 

• Founder
On 3/15/2018 at 1:56, Bad_Wolf_Bay said:

I would assume that with the patches and fixes, along came some newly banned items.

Is there an updated list of what items are now banned (if any)?

Thanks guys, y'all rock!

Hi, no new banned items, the existing list is still up to date. We only tweaked some laggy machines code.

21 hours ago, SephiroMystiere said:

A new issue has arisen.

Please fix this issue!!!

Thanks for notice, is that from open computers mod? We may be able to fix it if we have mod source code.

15 hours ago, brunyman said:

Hi, no new banned items, the existing list is still up to date. We only tweaked some laggy machines code.

Thanks for notice, is that from open computers mod? We may be able to fix it if we have mod source code.

I'm pretty sure its from the Reborn Storage mod

Archived