Vanishing golems

Hey, I know this problem is prevalent on many servers, but I was wondering if there's something magicians on the backend can fix. It seems Thaumcraft golems vanish sometimes. Its not common, indeed it only happened twice over last month, but replacing them bi-weekly is still costly and tedious.

The first time I lost only straw golems, which makes sense since they're first golems and most common among players - easy to reach entity limit. But today I lost all golems - 3 advanced thaumium golems, 1 wood golem, 1 flesh golem and 1 straw golem. Is there something that can be done (exempting golems from clearing or increasing their limit) or should I just keep remaking them?

Ps. To be precise, golems are the only way to automatically harvest and replant infused seeds from Thaumic Tinkerer and the only methods of farming mob player drops in magic mods (dynamism tablet is bugged on this server and doesnt damage), hence my use of them.

Last time I checked golems can die from various things like mobs, fire, drowning, blocks, lightning and etc. Make sure they are in safe surroundings as well. If that is not the case then it might be what Bruny said.

They most certainly didn't die, as they vanished all at once. It would be most coincidental if they did die.

Thank you for the refund. It's absolutely possible their server number went over 100 and I think this happened before, but since they were different golems, I assumed they would count towards a different cap. Is that not the case then? Do all golem types count towards same limit?

• 1 year later...

Hey, necroing the old thread since it's still relevant.

Recently I lost a bunch of golems, several times, again not dying; usually during periods of heavy lag. Naming them with nametag seemed to extend their life as usual, but still they vanished after few days. Is this unfixable, or were they accidently knocked off the whitelist?

• 1 year later...

The curse of vanishing on Minecraft is one such trouble-maker. When this enchantment is applied on any weapon, it disappears after death and makes it impossible to loot the weapon. This is one of the rare curses and is not easily obtained. The curse is available just in one level and can be found extensively on specific places in the game. As mentioned above, the curse of vanishing was included in the game only in the exploration update.

• 2 months later...

To apply the curse to any object, you will need to have, an anvil, the enchantment book and an item you wish to apply the curse on. To perform the curse open the enchantment book. Place the item that you wish to curse and the enchantment book inside the anvil. Now, when you place the item back in the inventory, you can notice that the item has been cursed. When a player dies, the cursed item doesn’t have to be worn to disappear. Even if it is present in the inventory, upon the death of the player, the item automatically disappears. You can use it against your enemy to make sure that he gains no loots after your death. The curse could be both a boon and a bane. It depends on the situation on which the player is and the item that is cursed.