Ender Quarry Permissions?

Akademee

Hi everyone,

I had some questions regarding the Ender Quarry as I haven't been able to get one set up in a manner that the server likes, apparently.  I am trying to dig out a portion for my base in the over world.  The land that I want to remove with the ender quarry (with world hole upgrade) is claimed by me.  Whenever I place down the ender-markers I am allowed to place down the EQ at one of the markers.  When I right click to establish the boundary, I get the "Successfully established fence boundary, ender markers detected" (slightly paraphrasing, but it is a positive message).  Immediately after getting that message the EQ pops off into an item and I have to start over.  I assume that this is a permissions thing due to the land being claimed.  Is there a way to allow the Ender Quarry to mine out claimed land.  I was previously using a regular BC Quarry and it was working fine within the claim and I had to do nothing.  It was buggy as all hell, but it did work.  I am replacing the BCQ with the EQ.

Also speaking of the EQ, is there a size limit that the server has imposed upon them?  I have had problems with the EQ popping off into an item even in the unclaimed mining dimensions.  I assumed that it was because I was making the EQ too big, but now I am not sure.  I was able to get it to work properly by staying below 32x32 chunks.  Any help with the issue above would be helpful!

Thanks!

Akademee

Hello there you will need to use plots for the chunk the quarry is in and with that chunks perm set modify to true and enter to false. And for your towns perm enter to false as well. As with modify on anyone can come in there and steal something in anything with modify on so you'll not want people to get in that chunk or really near it. 

If you want people to still get in your city but not that chunk I'd suggest making a wall of plots around the quarry chunk with perm enter to false. 

1 hour ago, Manyouforgot said:

Hello there you will need to use plots for the chunk the quarry is in and with that chunks perm set modify to true and enter to false. And for your towns perm enter to false as well. As with modify on anyone can come in there and steal something in anything with modify on so you'll not want people to get in that chunk or really near it. 

If you want people to still get in your city but not that chunk I'd suggest making a wall of plots around the quarry chunk with perm enter to false. 

Thanks!  I will try to do this.  Do I need to set all of the chunks that the quarry will be mining to modify on, or just the chunk the EQ is in?  Also, thats a really good idea with setting the perimeter to no entry, is there a way I can do that for my whole town?  I have a lot of chunks :P  

I figured that permissions was the case, I am just very puzzled as to why the BuildCraft Quarry needs no such permissions as I have been using that to dig out my base (painfully slowly) for weeks now.

Thanks!

Your whole town is the /t perm set enter false 

And just set the chunk for modify that the quarry is in with plots

/t plot new name

I believe is the command I'll have to check it out later then you'll get a Selector tool where you'll pick the 2 coords of the plot you'll choose the diagonal corners to make a square/rectangle/ this also can be cubed then you'd set the perms for the plot by selecting it but that command eludes me as well I'll have to look after work you might be able to find the command with /t plot

Archived