Accepted Duped Keys

[3] Ban Category:

Rule 2

[4] Ban Duration:

2 Days

[5] Staff Member:

Zethrindor

[6] Your Reason:

Hello, I've been banned for duping, which in hindsight is fair enough. I was just wondering if there's a way to plead my case and not have my base wiped. I didn't do the actual duping, another guy whose name I've forgotten did it (I think). He asked if anyone wanted keys, I said yes, because keys, and he gave me a bunch, I opened a few and then realised that it felt both dodgy and dissatisfying so I stopped and put them away. In hindsight it is obvious they were duped but at the time I genuinely had no idea, I asked how he got them and the response was 'broke tekkit' which I assumed was a joke and moved on. Now I'm banned, which again, fair enough, I'm willing to sit it out. Just wondering If I can save my base. Also, I noticed that other people who were involved, either in accepting keys or duping them in the first place haven't been banned? I'm not having a go, I'm just slightly confused. I'm really sorry, and I just want to save my base. I've worked pretty hard.
Thank you.

Zethrindor banned you on my behalf, so it's best I also respond to this.

Your base has been wiped, which is the usual course of action for this. However we'll consider a rollback of the chunks if you can prove someone did indeed gift them to you (screenshots or at least a name). Since you yourself admit these items are not legitimate I see no reason to lift the ban.

As for the part about being 'involved' in duping, we do not punish players who receive duped items and report it to staff. We instead promptly remove the items and start an investigation, which is what happened in this case. Accepting illegitimate items is an offence, but if you get hold of illegitimate items, talking to a staff member is the best course of action. If you are aware of someone who accepted duped items feel free to tell us and we will look into it.

I haven't responded as I've not been able to find anything incriminating  on the players mentioned here.

Even though you sound sincere I can't decide based on that alone, so I'll try confronting the two in game, I'll keep you posted. 

Archived