Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Weird Inventory Bug

IGN - mmp1996

Server - Skyblock 3

Problem - Whenever I pick up any item ore after sieving it disappears from inventory. Doesn't seem to affect anything other than the ores, can puck up lapis, coal etc. from sieving gravel but not the ores. Tried re-logging, replacing sieve, changing mesh in sieve. Even if someone gives me the ores it still disappears from inventory.

Update 1 - Reinstalling mod pack did not work.

Update 2 - Creating new player fixes the problem. 

do you have any iron backpack in your inventory that might be automatically picking it up? or a Thermal expansion satchel? there are a couple of things which suck items and some work with a filter. Make sure your inventory is empty and try again

11 hours ago, towilloughby said:

This may be a Visual glitch, Have you tried reinstalling your modpack?

Tried that, still same problem.

10 hours ago, Henk said:

do you have any iron backpack in your inventory that might be automatically picking it up? or a Thermal expansion satchel? there are a couple of things which suck items and some work with a filter. Make sure your inventory is empty and try again

No, i don't have any of that stuff on me. Just to be sure i emptied all my inventory but the problem persists.

25 minutes ago, Henk said:

What tool do you use? Have you tried using any other tool?

I'm not using any tool, I am trying to sieve some gravel. So a sieve with string mesh. Also tried a flint mesh and iron mesh and also tried a heavy sieve. As i mentioned before even if someone throws the ores at me, it just disappears after i pick it up

That sounds like a backpack... but you don't have one...

Try pressing V with an empty hand - There is a possibility that you have a backpack equipped (in a slot that is only accessible by pressing V, to take a backpack out of or put the backpack into the slot)

There is nothing else that could cause this; Thermal expansion is not installed in sf3. 

On 7/8/2018 at 6:04 PM, TheO0032 said:

That sounds like a backpack... but you don't have one...

Try pressing V with an empty hand - There is a possibility that you have a backpack equipped (in a slot that is only accessible by pressing V, to take a backpack out of or put the backpack into the slot)

There is nothing else that could cause this; Thermal expansion is not installed in sf3. 

Bingo!

I had a backpack on.

The thing is I played on the server 3-4 months ago and got pretty far and forgot i made a backpack. So when i Joined again a few days ago, I reset my island. But the reset does not work properly and my backpack remained on me.

Thank you for your help.

And sorry for bothering everyone with such a stupid thing.

It's fine. We all miss some things.

At least we learned that equipped backpacks are immune to the reset command - it's always been a bit glitchy. In a way, you did discover a bug! 

Topic closed

Archived