Dynmap

ManYouForgot

actually, is it really nessecary to have one? Why not let people venture out on their own like we're doing right now?

I feel like a map will only give griefers a means to an end. Not everyone claims their base immediately when settling down and while the map can serve to show you unexplored aread, of where not to interfere with players, they can also be used for not so fresh actions.

Plus; - every player has his own waymap of what they explore so they can check their surroundings. they can venture out and explore the map when they join and learn what the map has to offer and where to find what, which allows for the players to adventure out. And for those who don't like exploring, there's still the randomtp signs.
- New players who need/want a specific biome or environment can always ask older players (like i found that ocean by accident, and have the coords to a few villages that are still intact.
- Some players adventure, and end up finding an awesome place or something to loot while their inventories are full. It wouldn't be nice to go home empty your inve, then head back, only to find out someone already looted the place because it was on the dynmap.

Maybe i'm just prejudiced, but honestly i found myself to be relieved to know the dynmap wasn't updating/working.

* what a dynmap would be good for is to check where claims are and how far they stretch, IF they even show on the dynmap. But it's as easy to just plant some landmarks around your borders to let people know ingame.

Archived