Staff promotion

Poolish

Hello, I am generally new to this server and even since my first hour online, a fellow staff member named cdun3 has been immensely helpful for me to understand and enjoy my experience. He is always online and always helps people in chat and in game. I used to staff many other popular Minecraft servers and I understand what it takes to be a staff and, well, cdun3 surpasses every single criteria. He has always helped me understand these very confusing mods and has made my experience as great as possible. I feel cdun3 needs to be promoted so he can receive the proper respect from other players and so he can further help players enjoy this incredible game.

First of all, please excuse Akaelite.

Secondly, it’s always great to get good feedback on the work you do, and as manyouforgot said; I’m sure cdun3 appreciates it :-) .

It is otherwise a pretty thankless job and hearing something like this could really be the push needed to continue forward for some.

As for promotions...

We have in the past had a management who sided to favoritism, especially in promotilns and that just caused a very ugly staff enviroment. Ever since Powerwarp’s time(the manager before myself) we have tried to correct the mistakes that our previous managers did and that’s why we adapted into this very straightfoward method of promotion.

We check a bunch of variables.. such as ingame activity and forum. And if they are all good or if they all average out to be above average the staff member gets a promotion.

Simple, and completely removes the aspect of favoritism as a promotion now is dictated by these variables.

Meaning, I cannot promote someone based of a few good words from a player, and he’ll have to go thru the same system we have all gone thru.

(yes, we’ve all gone thru it)

thanks Henk, and I was not expecting him to get promoted just because of my forum post, it is just that I feel you guys as higher ups should know how the community feels about staff members. Most players feel the same way about cdun3.

• Henk locked this topic

Archived