Complaint against: Lancelot

Bioxity

In-Game Nickname: Lancelot
Time and Date: 8/13/18-Present
Description of what happened: 

[Section 1: Lancelot]

From times before I had played, though not by much apparently, Lancelot had been harassing my friend, BeeBeeBoPs, by accusing him of glitching/hacking from the day he began playing, while doing the same to other players as well, as reported in Bee's short rant about Lance in the #skyfactory2_5 chat channel in discord at 3:05 PM EST. Bee has been appropriated by Lance multiple times no matter how preposterous his involvement seemed, only because he has a vendetta against Bee. For instance, as mentioned in Bee's rant, "you [Lance] accused me of putting an RFTools shield on Marvin's island without any proof, even when Marvin said that he placed it himself a few hours before accusing me, you've accused me of crashing the server multiple times." While I do not have evidence of the former event happening, the latter I do have proof of[1]. This had happened after a server restart after Lance and Llaya had been attempting the ritual to obtain the Kikoku from Extra Utilities. Bee and myself, as well as others in the server at the time, believed this was the cause of the restart, and subsequent three server crashes, as each time Lance had logged on and performed the ritual, the server had crashed except for the last time, of course. This, I believe is unfair toward Bee, as it has caused much punishment which I believe was unjust. After this had happened, Bee and I had argued with various staff, including @Terminator and @llaya [LayaElisabeth] on why we felt Bee's punishments had been unfair. 

One such punishment occurred yesterday, after Bee and I had placed, admittedly many, redwood trees in the end, and Lance had noticed, immediately pointing fingers at Bee. After I confessed to the act alongside Bee, he made us clean it up for almost an hour and a half, persisting we do so the entire time, threatening to ban us, which frankly, he should have done had he done his job correctly. While no, he did not ban us and YES, we did clean it up to his content, this should not have happened in the first place for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, Lance could have simply world editted out the trees with less lag and time than was caused by five people vein mining the trees, causing ghost blocks and blocks which you could phase through for no reason. Secondly, the End could have been reset as it is done quite regularly, avoiding this all. Thirdly, spawn in the end is not "griefable," as can be seen in the short video I made whose link will be added below[2]. Lastly, we should never have received punishment for this in the first place. Rule #8, the rule which we were cited for breaking, covers the griefing of protected territory. First, the spawn in the end is variable, it moves around, and as seen in the video I made before, it is impossible to grief it directly. While there are ways to kill people through placing buckets above and around it, we did not kill anybody or intend to do so. Because of this variable spawn, there is no set spawn in the end, and so I do not believe we even broke that rule to begin with. Second, somebody had committed the same offense, only with clear lethal intent on SF3, and was not punished in any way to my knowing, as the staff did not mention any investigation or punishment[3]. Even bruny himself said, "no worries, it's easy to fix." If Lance had done his job properly and banned us, or we had not been punished and the incident was interpreted as not breaking the rule as it was not griefing "spawn," (which would be where you spawn, hence the name, when you type in chat "/spawn," as one might guess,) then all of this could have been avoided. Instead, Lance ad libbed, and took the middle ground, both not doing his job and punishing us for something that was not against the rules depending on your interpretation, both of which are the wrong choice in my opinion, as well as many others on the server at the time. Therefore, I feel that something should be done about Lance.

All of this is in addition to his constant pestering of new players by teleporting to their islands and messing with things they might not even understand. This happened to my friend, Phoejames, and his island acquaintance Gizzy. They were trying to get started and play the game, when Lance came along and started bugging them to do various things. The same happened to me, and while I did not mind it much, it was annoying having him hover around me, seemingly not doing his job helping anybody, and instead using my resources to edit my own island. I have absolutely no problem with staff, no matter the caliber, playing the game, but I do have a problem with staff, let alone a high-up staff, not doing their job while playing the game for other people. 

Lance also has a very awful habit (for a staff member, especially a higher-up,) of keeping vendettas, which is demonstrated through giving both Bee and myself sass whenever asking for help, and through accusing us for doing things on absolutely no basis, which was demonstrated earlier[1]. As somebody who has been staff on a myriad of servers, Minecraft, Garry's Mod, forums, etc., this sort of bias is frowned upon as it affects a person's ability to provide fair judgement. For all of the reasons listed above, and the reasons given by Bee himself, I feel that Lance is worthy of some sort of punishment, some degree of demotion, or even a transferal to another server in order to dissipate the conflicts between him and other players here. 

[Section 2: Henk and Discord Ban]

I mentioned Bee making a rant in the discord #skyfactory2_5 channel before. Now it is time to discuss this further. Before making his rant, Bee used a slur which was directed at Lance. There is no reason to avoid this fact. After this, he posted his rant, and was responded to by @Henk, who responded offering the advice to "stick to the forum when making complaints and be constructive when doing so, yelling foul words does not help your argument." Henk then explained that Bee would be banned from the discord. Bee then responded by using another expletive, and then was banned. While this seems like the right decision from Henk, though a bit extreme, as in fits of anger people are driven to say things that they might not say under normal circumstances, it was clearly biased due to the previous claims against one of Henk's staff members (Lancelot.) Since I was astonished that a player could be banned by merely saying two words, only one of which could be seen as an "attack," as some staff had described the event, I searched to see if there had been a precedent set before. With very little effort, I found that yes, a precedent had been set, and broken, again. On February 1st of this year, a former staff member, Swimsam1, clearly assaulted a player in this very discord, receiving no punishment for using the same words as Bee had, and further attacking the player[4]. The only differences here were the individuals involved, a couple of words, the worse which were used by Swimsam1, and that Bee was making claims against a staff member, not a regular player. The rules of this discord, posted in #information, clearly state: "11) Don't cuss or swear." Obviously both players had broken this rule, but only one was even punished, and quite severely at that. Regardless of who was being spoken to/about, the same punishment should always be given, it's called law by precedent. You guys even use it in your own in-game servers. The fair thing to do would to either ban Swimsam1, or unban Bee, as they have committed the same offense, and broken the same rule, Swimsam1 to an even greater degree than Bee. Of course I cannot make you do anything, but in law, this would be how things go. Have your opinions as you may, but its the tried and true method. While this is not the main part of this report, I feel that Bee's ban was hugely unfair, and that Henk's decision was too quick, and that staff should be less trigger happy in regards to the ban hammer, as being a former staff on different servers, it is very common to receive scrutiny for doing your job, and it is something staff have to accept. If policemen shot every person who told them to f*** off, half the world would be dead by now. Instead of banning Bee, give him a mute for a day or two, but I enjoy talking to him without having to use game chat, and it's a valuable resource for people to communicate. 

[Conclusion]

I hope that the staff can put aside any bias you might have, and remember that this is just a game where people want to have fun. Of course some people take fun too far as we might have done yesterday, but we just want to play the game and talk to each other, so don't kill that for us. Your server is a wonderful place and keeps me engaged and wanting to play every day, and I have nonstop for nearly three weeks now. I thank those of you who have taken the time to read and digest this all. Enjoy your summer. Thank you once again. 

List of eyewitnesses: Phoejames, BeeBeeBoPs, ItsFreaky (has been on lots while this has happened,) Llaya, and of course myself. 

Evidence: 

[1]

[2] (my apologies for quiet audio, there are captions.)

[3]

[4]

25 minutes ago, Bioxity said:

The fair thing to do would to either ban Swimsam1

I'm not sure I was made aware about that incident as I do not recall it- granted, it was over 6 months ago so I might be mistaken. And it wouldn't be correct in me to ban someone for something that happened that long ago, however swimsam is on a very thin line and if he acts out again and I am made aware of it it will lead to a discord ban. Thank you for providing the screenshot/evidence for that.

I was brought to the attention of Bee's foul behavior in the discord chat by an old staff member of ours - not lance - and looking over his offenses on the server; That being two warnings for insulting staff. And this being essentially the third offense on that but on discord, where he was calling lance a c***, that he was full of bulls*** and telling myself to F off my patience had already been drawn pretty thinly. Can he not behave in a community then he should not be apart of the community discord.

This was not biased, as from my point of view and my actions had nothing to do with the incident you and lance had- the problem was the fact that he was swearing at staff, being disrespectful and writing a full complaint in a place where we do not accept complaints. We do this sort of stuff on the forum, in a constructed matter- as I asked him to.

However... I will allow him back onto the discord but he will be under an absolute zero tolerance. So tell him know to get his act together.

I heard a few things about the incidents on the server, not enough to get myself into it but I would agree with Lance's judgement that if you guys intentionally messed up End Spawn by halting the accessibility to it, I feel it would be right to let you guys have a chance to clean it up. If anything I think it was generous of Lance to offer you guys a chance not to get banned - for something you otherwise would - you would simply have to clean up what you created. 
I was also told that in the end you guys' didn't clean it up fully and staff had to go in and do it anyways.

As for the crashing incident, players and staff had their own theories on what caused it.. clearly. And I don't really think it was anything in particular, as a manual reboot of the server put it out of it's loop and then it worked as intended again. I think it was unnecessary for anyone to put the blame on anyone else for the crashes. Saying this as Bee also blamed llaya and Lance for the crashes.

You speak about how his punishment was unjust- I'm not certain which punishment you speak of. The warnings he received for rule 9? Having to clean up the mess he caused in the end? Or being "accused" by lance - not that I would consider that a punishment really.

When i met BeeBeeBoPs first time it was just a little after he joined server. At that time he had only one tree, and few blocks of planks (no cobble generator yet). But also he had DSU with stone and some other material that he could not get with normal play at that stage. To me it felt normal to ask him where from he get those stone. And he consider this accusing of dupe. When he gave me explanation he got it from other player it ended there.

The incident with Marvin907 was that Marvin907 posted on forum and asked us to investigate about those shields. As part of investigation I also spoke with BeeBeeBoPs. And again he feels I am accusing him just because I do my job and also openly giving him opportunity to say about what happened if anything.

Then BeeBeeBoPs griefed other island by sending withers on their island and causing them not being able to /is home because they get instantly killed. For this I banned him according to rules. Then he tried to bypass that ban by using another account for which he also get banned.

About incident with redwood trees: you and BeeBeeBoPs spawned lot of trees in TheEnd at spot where players spawn when they use portal (so I consider it as spawn area). This also caused any player using portal to start suffocating inside tree when they use portal (and if they happen to lag during changing dimension maybe die). I wanted both of you to know that spawning those trees was not good. After reading rules and seeing that only punishment was to ban you I wanted to go easy on you but also to make a point that disabling entrance to TheEnd for all other players is not something we tolerate I gave you a task to clean the mess you made and go without ban. I was hoping that doing this will make you understand how wrong you was by spawning those trees. During whole cleaning process BeeBeeBoPs was saying I could clean it with world edit easier then you with axes - and that is true (at the end I did clean most of it anyway). My point is that I am not your cleaning lady and you can do any mess you like and I should clean it. And if we need wait for Bruny to clean it (when other staff member can not) it takes days sometimes (in meantime player not having access to resources you blocked with having fun). The End is reseted once per month so waiting for that is also not an option. My main goal was to demonstrate you how big mess you made with growing those trees in TheEnd spawning area.

And now we come to last events. I was doing ritual and at that time server started restarting so we all was unable to join game. After Henk manually restarted server it went out of reboot session. After that I was able to perform ritual twice without any problems. Then some of you accused me it was because I was doing ritual server was restarting. When BeeBeeBoPs said to me i was crashing server I did not take it seriously and I replied him lightly with same tone as he said to me (you got my reply in screenshot - somehow you missed his message to me). Unfortunately he took my reply too seriously and from there hells opened. Without me saying anything significant you all escalated it very much. With bitter regret now I see I am not allowed to reply to player with same tone as he is speaking to me - I should have been wiser (in your eyes do you consider that fair too?). And you can also check your chat logs to see that i have never used offensive talk toward any player.

I do teleport to other players, especially to new one the server. I do welcome them and offer advice about specifics on our server. I try to be friendly and helpful from start to new players. I talk to them, ask them if they are new to SF2.5 giving some advice for early game. I look what they have build on island and suggest what they should do next or how to improve their current setup. Some player know how to play game some are completely new to SkyFactory so they need and accept more advice.

Same was with Bioxity and phoejames. I do not exactly recall how I met Bioxity first, I do remember doing something with you on your mobfarm. Maybe you was killed inside and i helped you get grave (not sure), i remember changing few blocks at bottom of farm so you have better and safe access to mobs. When I was doing this I did see you was glad something got improved - you never said to me in game or otherwise that you do not want my help, or that you want me go away from your island.

I remember contacting phoejames first time when Gizzy posted about problem they had on forum. Since inventory rollback did not go well I came to refund items myself. At that occasion I stayed areound to chat and look around their island. As i have seen their progress I gave them few suggestion how to improve some setup and what to do next. When I came other time to their island with intention to chat and show them how to make statues from players heads phoejames said they are bussy so is said 'ok, sorry' and i left. Beside this one occasion when phoejames said they are bussy neither him nor Gizzy ever expressed anything from which I could conclude I was not welcome on their island.

I do try hard to respect players wish if they want to play alone, but I can not read minds and obviously I was wrong in those 2 occasions when neither of you told me anything in game how you feel about my involvement in your game. Now I know and I can behave accordingly.

That does not mean you will not see me ever again tho. As staff member I think it is my obligation to all islands and check on them. But now I will know where I am not expected to socialize and offer advice without being asked for.

1 hour ago, Henk said:

I'm not sure I was made aware about that incident as I do not recall it- granted, it was over 6 months ago so I might be mistaken. And it wouldn't be correct in me to ban someone for something that happened that long ago, however swimsam is on a very thin line and if he acts out again and I am made aware of it it will lead to a discord ban. Thank you for providing the screenshot/evidence for that.

I was brought to the attention of Bee's foul behavior in the discord chat by an old staff member of ours - not lance - and looking over his offenses on the server; That being two warnings for insulting staff. And this being essentially the third offense on that but on discord, where he was calling lance a c***, that he was full of bulls*** and telling myself to F off my patience had already been drawn pretty thinly. Can he not behave in a community then he should not be apart of the community discord.

This was not biased, as from my point of view and my actions had nothing to do with the incident you and lance had- the problem was the fact that he was swearing at staff, being disrespectful and writing a full complaint in a place where we do not accept complaints. We do this sort of stuff on the forum, in a constructed matter- as I asked him to.

However... I will allow him back onto the discord but he will be under an absolute zero tolerance. So tell him know to get his act together.

I heard a few things about the incidents on the server, not enough to get myself into it but I would agree with Lance's judgement that if you guys intentionally messed up End Spawn by halting the accessibility to it, I feel it would be right to let you guys have a chance to clean it up. If anything I think it was generous of Lance to offer you guys a chance not to get banned - for something you otherwise would - you would simply have to clean up what you created. 
I was also told that in the end you guys' didn't clean it up fully and staff had to go in and do it anyways.

As for the crashing incident, players and staff had their own theories on what caused it.. clearly. And I don't really think it was anything in particular, as a manual reboot of the server put it out of it's loop and then it worked as intended again. I think it was unnecessary for anyone to put the blame on anyone else for the crashes. Saying this as Bee also blamed llaya and Lance for the crashes.

You speak about how his punishment was unjust- I'm not certain which punishment you speak of. The warnings he received for rule 9? Having to clean up the mess he caused in the end? Or being "accused" by lance - not that I would consider that a punishment really.

I do not expect you to ban a player for something they did 6 months ago, I just used it as evidence as to why something should be done/undone. Banning someone like that would be ridiculous, lol.

Like I said, there is no avoiding the fact that Bee used foul language and was disrespectful, and it is definitely reasonable and expected for somebody to lose their patience over that, but I still felt it was a little quick to ban. That being said, there is no other punishment admissible through discord besides manually muting/unmuting the person, which is a pain.

I understand now that it was not biased, as the previous incident had not been reported, but I don't feel that punishment for talking in a free chat area is correct, if he had been talking in a chat with a specific purpose, sure, tell him to get out, but that's a place to talk about anything in my opinion, so I dont feel that is a valid reason for his ban. Saying he was disrespectful and you snapped would have been fine, and you only asked him to do so after you had banned him, which slightly nullifies you doing so. That being said, he should've taken it to the forum. 

I personally felt that his punishment was worse than a two day ban, or perma ban, or whatever he was going to do. That being said: I still feel that we did not break any rule, because rule #9 states that griefing a protected area, which this was not, is against the rules, and so is griefing "spawn," which I assume is in reference to the main server spawn where players have to go. The end is a place where players with flight and advanced tools go, not where people who can't break 20 wood go, which was all it would take. The end doesn't have a set spawn. If it did, we wouldn't have done it, that would be stupid. It just places you on an obsidian platform. And we did clean it up to the best of our ability. As I mentioned, after an hour and a half, the blocks began not disappearing and just letting us phase through them but not target them, making it impossible to figure out what we were doing. 

The problem with the crashing was not that it happened. It was that Lance and Llaya immediately blamed Bee with absolutely zero basis, whereas Bee had reason to assume it was them doing it. Bee was annoyed, or as he said, pissed off, because he had been accused of something he had no involvement in whatsoever. Meanwhile, they had been continually flying around loading things and doing rituals.

When I was referring to "this" in regards to Bee's punishment, this is referring to Lances repeated targeting/bias/grudge against Bee, and how he continually would assume Bee was at fault for anything, no matter how preposterous it may have seemed. All of this could have been avoided if Bee had not been continually targeted by Lance due to past experiences, and if Lance had not had problems with holding grudges against players.

This is besides the point, all that with what Bee did. I feel that Lance is not as suited for his role as GameManager as some of his fellow staff members are, to name a few on SF2.5, Terminator and Llaya, who I always see helping players with their problems in chat and by going to them and physically assisting them. I do not see this behavior nearly as much from Lance, however. As I mentioned, I often see and hear about Lance at new players' islands helping them by giving them items or using their items to build for them, which in my opinion, is not the job of a staff member. A staff should be helping those in need when they ask for it, not assuming new players need help and flying around them. It is not my decision what happens to Lance, but it is clear that I, and other members of the SF2.5 community agree that Lance is not meeting the same expectations that are set by those of his same rank, and by some of ranks inferior to his. Do with my opinion as you will, Henk, I don't know how you typically handle this and other complaints of this degree, but I feel as if something should be done to help Lance complete his job to a better degree.

Thank you again for replying to this complaint and for taking your time to read it. I appreciate the haste with which you handle these and hope that we can work together in the future to make Craftersland an even better server.

47 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

When i met BeeBeeBoPs first time it was just a little after he joined server. At that time he had only one tree, and few blocks of planks (no cobble generator yet). But also he had DSU with stone and some other material that he could not get with normal play at that stage. To me it felt normal to ask him where from he get those stone. And he consider this accusing of dupe. When he gave me explanation he got it from other player it ended there.

The incident with Marvin907 was that Marvin907 posted on forum and asked us to investigate about those shields. As part of investigation I also spoke with BeeBeeBoPs. And again he feels I am accusing him just because I do my job and also openly giving him opportunity to say about what happened if anything.

Then BeeBeeBoPs griefed other island by sending withers on their island and causing them not being able to /is home because they get instantly killed. For this I banned him according to rules. Then he tried to bypass that ban by using another account for which he also get banned.

About incident with redwood trees: you and BeeBeeBoPs spawned lot of trees in TheEnd at spot where players spawn when they use portal (so I consider it as spawn area). This also caused any player using portal to start suffocating inside tree when they use portal (and if they happen to lag during changing dimension maybe die). I wanted both of you to know that spawning those trees was not good. After reading rules and seeing that only punishment was to ban you I wanted to go easy on you but also to make a point that disabling entrance to TheEnd for all other players is not something we tolerate I gave you a task to clean the mess you made and go without ban. I was hoping that doing this will make you understand how wrong you was by spawning those trees. During whole cleaning process BeeBeeBoPs was saying I could clean it with world edit easier then you with axes - and that is true (at the end I did clean most of it anyway). My point is that I am not your cleaning lady and you can do any mess you like and I should clean it. And if we need wait for Bruny to clean it (when other staff member can not) it takes days sometimes (in meantime player not having access to resources you blocked with having fun). The End is reseted once per month so waiting for that is also not an option. My main goal was to demonstrate you how big mess you made with growing those trees in TheEnd spawning area.

And now we come to last events. I was doing ritual and at that time server started restarting so we all was unable to join game. After Henk manually restarted server it went out of reboot session. After that I was able to perform ritual twice without any problems. Then some of you accused me it was because I was doing ritual server was restarting. When BeeBeeBoPs said to me i was crashing server I did not take it seriously and I replied him lightly with same tone as he said to me (you got my reply in screenshot - somehow you missed his message to me). Unfortunately he took my reply too seriously and from there hells opened. Without me saying anything significant you all escalated it very much. With bitter regret now I see I am not allowed to reply to player with same tone as he is speaking to me - I should have been wiser (in your eyes do you consider that fair too?). And you can also check your chat logs to see that i have never used offensive talk toward any player.

I do teleport to other players, especially to new one the server. I do welcome them and offer advice about specifics on our server. I try to be friendly and helpful from start to new players. I talk to them, ask them if they are new to SF2.5 giving some advice for early game. I look what they have build on island and suggest what they should do next or how to improve their current setup. Some player know how to play game some are completely new to SkyFactory so they need and accept more advice.

Same was with Bioxity and phoejames. I do not exactly recall how I met Bioxity first, I do remember doing something with you on your mobfarm. Maybe you was killed inside and i helped you get grave (not sure), i remember changing few blocks at bottom of farm so you have better and safe access to mobs. When I was doing this I did see you was glad something got improved - you never said to me in game or otherwise that you do not want my help, or that you want me go away from your island.

I remember contacting phoejames first time when Gizzy posted about problem they had on forum. Since inventory rollback did not go well I came to refund items myself. At that occasion I stayed areound to chat and look around their island. As i have seen their progress I gave them few suggestion how to improve some setup and what to do next. When I came other time to their island with intention to chat and show them how to make statues from players heads phoejames said they are bussy so is said 'ok, sorry' and i left. Beside this one occasion when phoejames said they are bussy neither him nor Gizzy ever expressed anything from which I could conclude I was not welcome on their island.

I do try hard to respect players wish if they want to play alone, but I can not read minds and obviously I was wrong in those 2 occasions when neither of you told me anything in game how you feel about my involvement in your game. Now I know and I can behave accordingly.

That does not mean you will not see me ever again tho. As staff member I think it is my obligation to all islands and check on them. But now I will know where I am not expected to socialize and offer advice without being asked for.

Listen man, I appreciate you trying to help players, and I'm sure some of them do too, but the game is supposed to be challenging, and it's a learning process. I know a lot of players lately have wanted to go from 0 to 100 in an instant, but that defeats the purpose of the game (and makes them stay a shorter time, which is bad for the server ;)) I know you can not read minds, that's an unreal expectation of players. I really don't want you to be punished badly, believe me, I don't. I know what it feels like to go from 100 to 0 in a second because somebody thought you were doing something when you were just trying to play the game. It sucked. Four months of my life down the drain because the owner thought I was talking shit about him after he fucked me over for nothing, and in a second it was all gone. I want you to still help the server, but I think you just need to make a couple of changes to improve your ability to help players. 

In regards to the third paragraph, nobody would suffocate if they entered the end. No matter what. In my video, I demonstrated how any objects on the spawn platform get cleared automatically, and so it creates a safe area for players, especially when they're just surrounded by solid blocks. Anybody who was going into the end should have the gear to fly around, and certainly break 20 wood. If not, they were not in danger and could simply go home without incident, come back with an axe, and break out. The reason we were so resistant to cleaning it was that it was incredibly lagging, and costly toward us in both time and materials. It takes lots of food and good axes to clear trees, when instead you could have done it very simply and with less consequence. We stopped once it became difficult due to the blocks simply ghosting and not letting us hit them. But I do appreciate the second chance, even if it was not in your script to do, and even if we did not technically do anything wrong ;)

Thank you for trying to explain your actions, it comes out much better in a composed message than in jumbled minecraft chat. I hope that we can work together further better Craftersland SF2.5, and I appreciate all you do for the server as is.

I've taken my time to read all of this, and I still do not understand what you want Lancelot to be punished for.

1) Making you clear your own mess
2) "Blaming" BeeBeeBops for Crashes (This was cearly just Lance responding to Bee blaming him, and Lance was joking obviously, as well as llaya)
3) Giving players advices

4 hours ago, Bioxity said:

I feel that Lance is not as suited for his role as GameManager as some of his fellow staff members are, to name a few on SF2.5, Terminator and Llaya, who I always see helping players with their problems in chat and by going to them and physically assisting them.

I actually always considered Lancelot to be the one helping players the most, as well as being the most polite guy I've seen on the server, I've never even seen a swear word from him. And not that he is not suited for his role as GM, but he is one of the most suited ones.

4 hours ago, Bioxity said:

That being said: I still feel that we did not break any rule, because rule #9 states that griefing a protected area, which this was not, is against the rules, and so is griefing "spawn,"

Rule #9 states you're Insulting a staff member (A mistake perhaps) . But , rule #8 does state "Griefing spawn is a permanent ban."  which means, griefing spawn would end up in being a permanent ban, if spawn is protected or not doesn't matter. And yes, putting 100 blocks high trees inside the spawn area is griefing spawn, so you did break the rule.

But if you didn't like cleaning your own mess you could've just asked for the ban instead.

You might feel that Lance is not suited to be a game master and the whole point of having the complaint section is so that you guys’ are heard by the manager team if you have a complaint about a staff member. Then I, the staff manager speak to the other managers and come to a verdict.

But I agree with Terminator, I consider Lance to be one of our most committed staff members as he for probabaly a six month period used nothing but a chat-only client to staff Skyfactory 2. Because his computer would no longer run Minecraft but he would still do what he could to be online everyday to help anyone in need. I think Lance is a outstanding example of what a GameMaster should be.

So, as I have heard both parts as well as a bystander - terminator - it’s for us to make our ”verdict”. And as we disagree with your complaint and that believe what Lance did was proper- we will not be taking action against Lance,

However, Bee did get unbanned on discord. Be cautious though.

That’ll be all!

T/C

• Henk locked this topic

Archived