Keeping claims

Swimsam1

@brunyman I think the server is laggy, it needs a wipe. 

But my base is a massive and unfinished. Every time i re build and rebuild i only get so far to only have it wiped. I have rebuilt around 4 times. I suggest For thise who have made SIGNIFICANT progress in the game should be able to keep there creations, i would also accept having to buy a mystcraft world and transfer that over wipes. Thanks!

I think the reason for a lot of the lag is that more players are having significant progress in their bases, and having these players keep their progress would not only provide the players with an unfair advantage, but would defeat the purpose of the wipe reducing lag.

As for the Mystcraft world buying bit, I half agree there. I don't think the specific world should transfer over, because worlds aren't too difficult to make. However, I like the idea of being able to buy a world save one time and be able to use that world save on a new map in addition to the old one. Ranks transfer from wipe to wipe, why shouldn't other microtransaction items?

Rurede is absolutely right here. But let’s see how the poll goes before we start making tons of plans :-).

Allowing some players to keep their bases completely ruins the purpose of a wipe to begin with, as it’s often these people who contribute to the lag to begin with. A mystcraft or RFTools save(for other servers...) only saves the world for the duration and lifetime of the overworld. Meaning that once it resets so would these ages, however if you have previously bought a mystcraft/rftools save and would like to change it or reactivate it, then all you’d have to do is make a topic with proof of purchase and the ageID for the new age you’d like to save.

Archived