Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

[Complaint] MeanManSlayer: Unjustified kick.

donoskaro

In-Game Nickname: MeanManSlayer

Time and date: Wed 10 Oct ~12pm UTC

Description of what happened: During a conversation about 4K vision on the Tekkit server, I have posted a link to a video on YouTube (https://youtu.be/VxNBiAV4UnM) which explains in detail the limitations of the human vision.

I was later kicked due to an alleged violation of rule number 3 (No Advertising). The link was posted for informational purposes and does not serve as an advertisement which can be clearly deducted if common sense were to be used. I have been in contact with the moderator which issued the kick (MeanManSlayer) who claims that he “was informed previously that posting links not related to the server is prohibited by rule 3”. This is obviously not stated in the official server rules (https://forum.craftersland.net/topic/11570-rules-modded-servers-updated-on-27052018/) therefore, I think that this kick is unjust.

If in fact posting links is prohibited, then it should be stated in the rules. However, in my opinion, common sense should be applied to this rule and exemptions should be made for informational links such as the one I have sent which clearly does not aim to advertise anything but merely provides some information on the topic that was at the time being discussed with other players.

Alright, I do agree with you here. And yes, you are allowed to send links as long as you don’t have some sort of hidden agenda with it (which you didn’t here)

That being like, sending links to shafy websites, advertising your own video, NSFW websites, etc.

I think this was OK. But then again, a kick is a kick and it cannot be undone.. so.. you are forgiven?

I see that you wanted this to be covered more in the rules if I didn’t agree with you, but I do. And I don’t really see what you want out of this in that scenario

1 minute ago, Henk said:

I see that you wanted this to be covered more in the rules if I didn’t agree with you, but I do. And I don’t really see what you want out of this in that scenario

Maybe my phrasing was a bit off. I think that this should be covered more in the rules regardless. Otherwise this same situation could happen to a different player and a different (or same) member of staff.

The point of a complaint is to let you know what has happened so that this could be avoided in the future.

Archived