Anniversary SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

[Suggestion] Infinity Evolved Wipe

Ness27

Wipe the Infinity Evolved Server?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Crafter's Land Staff completely wipe the Infinity Evolved server?

• Yes! New Map! New Seed! New Explorations!!
    • No! Do not wipe! I want to continue progress longer!
    • Undecided. Let me see results!

Hello Crafter's Land players,

I recently joined the Infinity Evolved server to get a better modpack experience and a littler more complicated experience than the classic Tekkit Main modpack. I joined the Infinity Evolved server and soon after found that many people were vastly rich already and there were many towns/bases that could be found easily with random teleporting (/rtp). By checking previous posts, hopefully I did not miss anything, I found that the last Infinity Evolved server wipe was completed on August 1st, 2018 which is roughly over 5 months ago. Noted; I realize that is a little shorter than the previous wipes, however, I still believe it is a justifiable length for a server wipe. I've noticed many requests for a server wipe and I would like to suggest a server wipe formally on this forum. I will add a poll to gain the opinions of the players and staff team.

Live Map: inf.craftersland.net:8120/#

Thank you,

Ness,

What about people like me who just spent all this time to get halfway and don't wanna lose their progress again because at this point if I lost my progress I probably wouldn't be able to go on with this ?. I just spent about 15 hours moving my base since my first was so bugged and now this. :I

I don't know if there is a way to transport a town and its items but if so there should be that option for people that are midway but don't wanna lose everything. Not saying money has to be transported and people who want the places reset they can but it seems partially unfair for the ones who are midway or even near the end.

Also in cases like mine, I find it pretty hard to complete this modpack without rushing through it as fast as possible as my friend and I choose to take our time and learn and enjoy the pack. I just ask that if theirs a way to transport a base and items if it could be done for those who wanted it.

Thanks

1 hour ago, GManZap said:

What about people like me who just spent all this time to get halfway and don't wanna lose their progress again because at this point if I lost my progress I probably wouldn't be able to go on with this ?. I just spent about 15 hours moving my base since my first was so bugged and now this. :I

I don't know if there is a way to transport a town and its items but if so there should be that option for people that are midway but don't wanna lose everything. Not saying money has to be transported and people who want the places reset they can but it seems partially unfair for the ones who are midway or even near the end.

Also in cases like mine, I find it pretty hard to complete this modpack without rushing through it as fast as possible as my friend and I choose to take our time and learn and enjoy the pack. I just ask that if theirs a way to transport a base and items if it could be done for those who wanted it.

Thanks

Of course not everyone playing the server will be vastly rich in an end-game status or at such an early-game status that a wipe wouldn't matter. There will always be players mid-game and looking forward to reaching a certain point, and if a wipe was to occur I would be empathic but sometimes it happens. I understand what you are saying and the point of a wipe would be to completely start fresh with every player on the same starting point. Thanks for the input!

As the talks about IE wipe have been going on for a couple weeks I have put off playing the modpack as to wait for the new start.

What applies to the game right now, tick speeds are below 20 even with 5-6 midgame players online.

Also, the player chunkload radius seems really low as well. I suspice it's been set to same as on SF3, only 2 chunk radius from player. This, combined with obnoxiously slow crop growth rates makes it impossible to cultivate crops, e.g. my potato i planted 7 minecraft days ago still hasnt grown above 0%

As to the twilight forest, yes twilight forest has always been server killing and laggy. As in a whole, TF provides little to none to the progress in the pack. It can be considered as mainly a fun side-mod, that enhances gameplay experience, but in conclusion, isn't necessary.

• Henk locked this topic

T/C

Let wipe polls only be posted by Brunyman of myself, please.

While I understand that you guys want to show us that you want a wipe, it also sends a different message to all other players- That they expect a wipe based on a poll that a player made, and we've even seen drop in players because of such player-made polls that are far from "official". That's why we prefer to keep such topics, and such polls, to only be official.

A wipe was considered previously because the server was acting up in ways we couldn't identify or predict. But in the end we solved this issue, and it was due to a faulty CPU cooler. So we switched to a new host.

Otherwise a wipe would not usually be considered this early on in a the server's lifespan- usually a wipe happens ever 6-9 months, and in the past IE has been on the later end of that span because it is such a lengthy modpack. And the last wipe was on 1st of august, that's only 5 months ago.

Archived